Uttar Pradesh cop killed, rifle and phone missingJanuary 28th, 2009 - 1:36 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Jan 28 (IANS) A police constable was found shot dead on a road in Uttar Pradesh’s Mirzapur district Wednesday, police said. His AK-47 rifle and mobile phone were missing.According to police, Head Constable Daya Ram Patel, who was a guard to Additional Superintendent of Police Prem Chandra, left the officer’s residence late Tuesday after work. His body was found in the morning.
“He did not reach home and his body was recovered this morning a few kilometres away from my residence at a deserted spot near the main road,” Chandra told IANS.
Mirzapur is about 270 km from Lucknow.
The attackers left behind Patel’s motorcycle but took away the AK-47 and mobile phone, Chandra said.
“We have begun a search and hope to nab the culprits soon,” the police officer added.
- Cop's body found on rail tracks in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 07, 2011
- Cop murdered in Uttar Pradesh - Mar 30, 2011
- Groundswell of support for Anna visible in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- Maoists strike again, kill cop in Odisha (Fourth Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Harassed by cops, sisters attempt suicide; one dead - May 27, 2010
- 5,000 detonators seized in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 08, 2011
- Cop arrested for murdering subordinate - Jan 11, 2011
- Two held for Uttar Pradesh cop's killing - Oct 27, 2011
- Cop, accomplice booked for raping minors - Nov 16, 2011
- UP girl's murder confirmed; 11 cops, three doctors suspended (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Two cases of suicide in Gurgaon - May 02, 2012
- Alert cops foil car snatching bid - Jan 24, 2011
- Cops fire during marriage ceremony, one killed - Feb 14, 2011
- Two policemen booked for beating mill owner to death - Oct 30, 2010
- Woman bites cop for stopping her car - Apr 22, 2011