Uttar Pradesh BSP MP faces fraud charge (Lead)January 7th, 2009 - 6:43 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Jan 7 (IANS) Seven people, including a ruling Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) parliamentarian, have been accused of selling a plot of land in Uttar Pradesh using forged documents, the police said Wednesday. The police lodged the case Tuesday on the directions of a court nearly two weeks ago. The court Dec 24 asked the police to file the case after taking cognisance of a writ filed by complainant Ibraar Ahmed.
Ahmed alleged that about an acre of his land in Beenchu village had been illegally encroached upon by the accused MP after forging agreement papers signed by a third person.
“Fraud charges against parliamentarian Mohammed Tahir Khan and six others have been filed for illegally selling a land in Sultanpur (some 150-km from here),” police inspector Ramesh Chandra Dubey told IANS by telephone.
An inquiry was initiated into the case, he added.
However, a senior police official of the district said it appeared from initial investigations that the MP Tahir Khan had legally purchased the plot of land.
“We have lodged an FIR on court’s order but during our initial investigation, we found the complaint to be fake. The land in question was found to be belonging to Mehtab and the MP has legally purchased it from him,” additional superintendent of police Santosh Kumar told IANS.
He said Mehtab has also been mentioned as a co-accused in the FIR. Nobody has been arrested yet.
- BSP MP faces fraud charge in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 07, 2009
- Man held for land grab in Delhi - Dec 18, 2010
- Case against Ramdev: Court asks police to file reply (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- SC moved challenging quashing of FIR against Yeddyurappa - Mar 21, 2012
- Court relief for Yeddyurappa in illegal mining case - Mar 07, 2012
- Court rejects Bangaru Laxman's plea in graft case (Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
- Factory linked to BSP leader charged with power theft - Dec 22, 2011
- Plea in SC seeks review of quashing of case against Mayawati - Aug 04, 2012
- DMK's top brass face land grab charge - Dec 02, 2011
- Court notice to police for not filing FIR against Kumble - Jan 06, 2012
- Actor Prem Chopra booked for 'fraud' - Jan 05, 2012
- Plot to kidnap Sachin: Six terrorists get life term (Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- 2008 Delhi serial blast: 11 accused fail to appear in court (Lead) - Feb 21, 2011
- Genelia faces suit in Andhra court in cheating case - Apr 18, 2012
- Six terrorists get life term for plot to kidnap Sachin, Sourav (Second Lead) - Jan 15, 2011