Uttar Pradesh beefs up security for JanmashtamiAugust 23rd, 2008 - 3:22 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 23 (IANS) In the wake of alerts after recent terror strikes in the country, the Uttar Pradesh government has beefed up security at religious places to ensure that the Krishna Janmashtami celebrations pass off peacefully, officials said Saturday. Additional security arrangements have been made all across the state, especially at the three important shrines of Mathura, Varanasi and Ayodhya for the festival Saturday-Sunday.
“A company of Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) and a team of Anti-Sabotage Check unit have been deployed in the district,” Mathura police chief S.B. Shiradkar told IANS.
This apart, the Rapid Action Force (RAF) has also been deployed in the district, he added.
Likewise, elaborate security arrangements have also been made in Ayodhya, Varanasi and other places, officials said.
Several CCTVs had also been installed to monitor the proceedings during the festival. The intelligence wing of the state has also been put on high alert, officials added.
- Security alert across India on Babri demolition anniversary - Dec 05, 2010
- Security beefed up in Uttar Pradesh ahead of Eid - Aug 31, 2011
- Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated with fervour in Lucknow - Aug 31, 2011
- Heavily fortified Delhi gears up for Republic Day - Jan 25, 2011
- Delhi put on high alert ahead of Republic Day - Jan 21, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh seeks security ahead of Ayodhya verdict - Aug 31, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh on alert after Delhi blast - May 25, 2011
- Republic Day: Security beefed up, traffic diversions announced - Jan 21, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh mounts vigil ahead of Ayodhya verdict - Sep 19, 2010
- High alert in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 07, 2011
- Security beefed up in temples ahead of Janmashtami - Aug 31, 2010
- Police put on high alert after violence in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 18, 2012
- Security beefed up in Ayodhya ahead of mosque demolition verdict - Sep 18, 2010
- Peaceful Ganesh processions on amid tight security in Hyderabad - Sep 11, 2011
- 'Anti-sabotage checks not made outside Bangalore stadium' - Apr 21, 2010