Utsav’s bail plea rejectedFebruary 1st, 2011 - 8:37 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Feb 1 (IANS) A local court here Tuesday rejected the bail plea of Utsav Sharma, who attacked murdered teenager Aarushi’s father Rajesh Talwar outside a court here last week, and told jail authorities to set up a panel of medical experts to ascertain if he was suffering from a psychiatric problem. Chief Judicial Magistrate D.D. Ojha talked to Utsav to assess his mental status before ordering jail officials to set up the medical panel.
The accused’s lawyer earlier claimed that Utsav was a victim of bipolar disorder. He requested the court to grant Utsav bail and send him to a specialised hospital for treatment.
The prosecution objected to defence lawyer’s plea to send him to hospital for treatment.
Utsav last Tuesday attacked Talwar with a cleaver outside a special Central Bureau of Investigation court here as hundreds of people watched stunned. He was booked for attempt to murder and under the National Security Act as the crime had occurred in the court compound.
Utsav had also attacked tainted former Haryana top cop S.P.S. Rathore, convicted in the Ruchika Girhotra molestation case, outside a Chandigarh court last year.
In his order, CJM Ojha mentioned that Utsav gave answers of his every question properly.
“After hearing the defence, the prosecution and the accused himself, the jail authorities are directed to constitute a board of medical and psychiatrists and even seek advice from doctor Ratna Bilwani, who had treated him in the past in Ahmedabad, because it is the duty of the jail authorities to provide him proper treatment,” the court said.
- Judge to ascertain Utsav's mental status himself - Jan 31, 2011
- Talwar attacker be sent to mental hospital, plead his parents (Lead) - Jan 28, 2011
- Utsav's parents put up defence for son - Jan 28, 2011
- Talwar stable after surgery, say doctors - Jan 28, 2011
- After attack, Talwar may be unable to work again - Jan 25, 2011
- Talwar family shaken by the attack: Lawyer - Jan 25, 2011
- Gate of Talwars' flat was locked from outside: Maid - Sep 03, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Expert to face defence queries Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail order Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Talwar out of danger, assailant questioned: Police - Jan 25, 2011
- Same man attacked Talwar, S.P.S. Rathore - Jan 25, 2011
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Court reserves order on Nupur Talwar's bail - May 01, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
Tags: ahmedabad, bail plea, central bureau of investigation, cleaver, defence lawyer, jail authorities, jail officials, judicial magistrate, last tuesday, local court, medical experts, medical panel, national security act, ojha, psychiatric problem, rajesh, ratna, ruchika, talwar, utsav