USO & Tositos Honors U.S. Military In Fiesta BowlJanuary 5th, 2010 - 7:46 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Jan 5, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Fiesta Bowl, which draws a large number of spectators every year, had taken place last night. The bowl game of this year was packed with multiple entertaining events, which made every moment of the game interesting. To attract the attention of the viewers during the interval of the game, Tostitos, Fritolay division of Pepsico and USO honored US military, who are serving the country.
To honor the US military, who are engaged in overseas war-front, the organizers showed some highlights of the “Salute The Troops Bowl”. It was a special bowl played in Iraq between the military heroes and former star players of college football. The game was a joint venture of the USO and Tostitos, to honor the military who has served the country in the war. Telecasting the highlights of the game was not all. Tostitos offered a sum of $200,000 to USO so that they can continue their works for supporting the U.S. troops as well as their family members.
USO president, Sloan Gibson, who was present during the occasion thanked Frito-Lay for the contribution they made to support the US military. He also referred to the “Salute The Troops Bowl” and said that it had been a great experience for the military personnel, who have left their native land to serve the country. The second half of the game started after this ceremony and the players again rallied throughout the field to clinch the prestigious bowl title. The final result of the bowl, 17-10 declared Boise State as the winner of the Fiesta Bowl this year.
- Charlie Sheen to give $1million as donation to USO - Jul 17, 2012
- Boise State Wins Fiesta Bowl - Jan 05, 2010
- Michael McDonald Sang National Anthem At Fiesta Bowl - Jan 05, 2010
- Indra Nooyi gets a raise, makes $17 mn in 2011 - Mar 24, 2012
- PepsiCo names Indian-born Kumar president of Quaker Foods - Oct 06, 2009
- Fiesta Bowl On January 4: TCU Vs. Boise State - Dec 07, 2009
- SIRIUS XM Radio to broadcast the college bowl games - Dec 20, 2009
- Debate Over Kyle Brotzman's Performance Gains Momentum - Nov 28, 2010
- PepsiCo names Indian-born Kumar president of Quaker Foods (Lead) - Oct 06, 2009
- Fritolay plans to increase contract farming area - May 06, 2010
- US military exchanges ban video game allowing Taliban to take pot shots at US soldiers - Sep 04, 2010
- US 'responsibly ending' Afghan war, says Obama - Oct 08, 2011
- Chitrangada Singh endorses Frito-Lay's new snack - Aug 07, 2009
- Gibson says Roach loss a huge blow but looks to Best, Edwards - May 31, 2012
- Chinese military develops video game - May 16, 2011
Tags: boise state, bowl game, college football, fiesta bowl, final result, interval, joint venture, kar, meena, military heroes, military personnel, overseas war, pepsico, salute the troops, sloan gibson, spectators, star players, tositos, tostitos, war front