User fee guidelines for airports announcedAugust 18th, 2008 - 9:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 18 (IANS) The Ministry of Civil Aviation Monday announced the draft guidelines for user development fees at airports, a charge that authorities levy on passengers on international flights.The fee is levied to enable developers and managers of an airport to bridge the gap between admissible expenditure and admissible revenue.
As per the guidelines - to be finalised after discussions with stakeholders, any project cost will depend on several factors: accepted norms, aviation-related costs, level of transparency in bidding while awarding contracts, and targeted capacity creation.
Admissible expenditure, which will be passed into the tariff, is the cost of capital employed, depreciation, operation and maintenance and taxes.
For estimating the cost of the capital employed, cost of debt on actual basis and 14 percent return on equity will be considered.
To estimate the admissible revenue, the sum of the total aeronautical revenue and a portion of non-aeronautical revenue will be considered.
To estimate the user development fee, a period of four years will be considered.
Estimated revenue and costs will be quoted by the company based on the traffic growth over the past five years.
The guidelines advocate a review after two years.
- Airlines challenge Delhi airport tariff hike - Jul 03, 2012
- Reviving defunct airports tribunal, centre tells court - Jul 24, 2012
- Tax on alcohol, tobacco products hiked in Meghalaya budget - Mar 19, 2012
- Development fee at Delhi, Mumbai airports under review: Ravi - Mar 09, 2011
- Government refutes loss claims over Delhi airport (Roundup) - Aug 17, 2012
- Delhi airport got Rs.1,199 crore in development fee - Feb 24, 2011
- Atlanta declared most efficient airport in North America, world - Jul 23, 2010
- India's need for aerospace engineers to grow: Experts - Feb 05, 2012
- Action plan mooted to make India global aviation hub - Mar 15, 2012
- DIAL to again charge development fee at IGI airport - Nov 16, 2011
- No action or comment on leaked report: Ajit Singh - May 23, 2012
- CAG raps government for allowing DIAL levy development fee - Aug 17, 2012
- VAT up in Meghalaya, alcohol costly - Mar 21, 2011
- FDIC Guide: How to balance your checking account - Dec 20, 2010
- Court questions delay in naming Delhi power regulator chief - Jan 21, 2011