USAID chief Rajiv Shah to visit IndiaDecember 19th, 2011 - 9:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 19 (IANS) Rajiv Shah, head of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the highest-ranking Indian-American in the Obama administration, begins a two-day visit here Tuesday, a statement said.
Shah will meet senior government officials, intellectual leaders, innovators, business leaders and members of non-governmental organisations, the US embassy said here Monday.
“This visit is an opportunity for him to discuss the future of US-India development collaboration,” the embassy said.
In his interactions here, Shah will explore various ways in which the USAID can partner with Indian public and private sectors to identify innovations and best practices that impacts India and the world.
The USAID is an independent agency that provides economic, development and humanitarian assistance around the world in support of the foreign policy goals of the US. The agency has a budget of over $40 billion.
Shah, whose parents migrated to the US decades ago, travelled to India with US President Barack Obama in November last year.
- Nisha Desai Biswal named to key USAID job - Jul 02, 2010
- USAID, FICCI ink deal to support innovation - Dec 20, 2011
- US, India join hands to promote innovation - Jul 10, 2012
- Rajiv Shah takes over as USAID chief; Hillary calls him 'transformational leader' - Jan 08, 2010
- Obama lights diya to celebrate Diwali at White House - Oct 29, 2011
- An US-India 'Evergreen Revolution' for food security - Nov 08, 2010
- US to help set up 30 business hubs in eastern India - Dec 20, 2011
- Rajiv Shah takes helm of Haiti disaster - Jan 14, 2010
- US, India sign aviation safety pact - Nov 17, 2011
- US hails Indian diaspora's role in strengthening ties - Oct 11, 2011
- Obama names another Indian-American to key post - Dec 08, 2011
- Obama names two more Indian-Americans to key posts - Mar 30, 2011
- Obama campaign reaches out to Indian Americans (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- India must not rest on BPO achievements: Indian-origin deputy mayor (With Image) - Feb 06, 2011
- India-US higher education summit in October - Jul 19, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,