US woman kills baby in microwave ovenJune 23rd, 2011 - 10:30 am ICT by IANS
New York, June 23 (IANS) A woman in the US state of California has been arrested on suspicion of killing her six-week-old baby by burning her in a microwave oven, a media report said.
Ka Yang, 29, was taken into custody at her home in Sacramento, capital of California, The Los Angeles Times reported.
Officials said they were trying to understand what they described as a horrific crime.
“We don’t know what motivated her to do the crime. We don’t really know what led up to it,” sergeant Norm Leong of the Sacramento Police Department was quoted as saying.
The mother has been charged with homicide, the report said.
Investigators have concluded that the baby’s burns were not explainable, Leong said. He said detectives sought out forensic experts for advice.
“This was definitely unique. Detectives realised they would have to look beyond what they normally do… and found experts who said the injuries appeared to be from a microwave,” he said.
- US mom charged with killing baby in microwave - Jun 23, 2011
- US brewery angers Wiccan community with Witch's Wit label - Oct 29, 2010
- Indian origin businessman murdered in Britain - Feb 28, 2011
- Indian toddler Gurshan Singh's father has no idea about his tragic death - Mar 06, 2010
- Microwave oven causes bomb scare at US marathon - May 03, 2010
- If I've a role for Maria Susairaj, I won't hesitate: RGV - Aug 12, 2011
- US Muslim group offers reward in shooting of two Sikhs - Mar 07, 2011
- Two workers burned to death in furnace - Mar 12, 2012
- Microwave oven-Maid launched - Jun 25, 2012
- Japan's nuclear plant's radioactive plume reaches U.S., but experts assure no threat to Americans - Mar 19, 2011
- Rebekah Brooks terms phone hacking 'abhorrent' (Lead) - Jul 20, 2011
- TV show 'CID' could soon be a film - May 30, 2012
- Woman microwaves kitten to death - Nov 25, 2011
- New Zealand police in Fiji for Indian origin woman's death case - Jan 26, 2011
- American Sikh Day celebrated at California Capitol - Apr 14, 2011
Tags: baby in microwave, burns, capital of california, detectives, forensic experts, homicide, horrific crime, investigators, june 23, los angeles times, microwave oven, norm, old baby, sacramento capital, sacramento police department, sergeant, state of california, suspicion, woman kills baby in microwave