US vice president to visit China, JapanAugust 5th, 2011 - 11:04 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Aug 5 (IANS) US Vice President Joe Biden will embark on a visit to China, Mongolia and Japan starting Aug 16, the White House said.
Biden would visit China at the invitation of his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping.
The visit was announced during Chinese President Hu Jintao’s state visit to the US in January, Xinhua reported.
“While in China, the vice president will meet with Vice President Xi and other Chinese leaders, including President Hu and Premier Wen Jiabao, to consult on a broad range of bilateral, regional and global issues,” the White House said in a statement.
In Ulan Bator, capital of Mongolia, the vice president will underscore US support for Mongolia’s two decades of democratic development and the growing economic ties between the two countries.
In Japan, Biden will express “steadfast” US support for its close ally in the wake of the recent earthquake, tsunami and nuclear emergency, the White House said.
Biden will thank US civilian and military personnel for their assistance in responding to the disaster, and highlight Japan’s “resilience” during the recovery and rebuilding process.
- US vice president reaches China on official visit - Aug 18, 2011
- US vice president ends China visit - Aug 22, 2011
- Chinese vice-president meets US president - Feb 15, 2012
- Krishna meets China's would-be PM - Jun 06, 2012
- Chinese, US vice presidents hold talks - Aug 18, 2011
- US welcomes peaceful rise of China: Obama (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- China's top political advisory group vows to promote economy - Mar 03, 2012
- China vows to promote economy, stability (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Chinese vice president aims to end trust deficit with US - Feb 10, 2012
- Dalai shadow on China's future leader's visit - Nov 27, 2011
- US, Chinese vice presidents discuss relations - Feb 08, 2012
- Krishna meets next China PM, maps future ties (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Next Chinese leader 'redder than reds': Wikileaks - Dec 19, 2010
- Missing Chinese leader sends condolences - Sep 13, 2012
- Putin to pay state visit to China - May 13, 2012
Tags: bator capital of mongolia, capital of mongolia, china japan, china mongolia, chinese counterpart, chinese leaders, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, democratic development, economic ties, global issues, hu jintao, japan washington, joe biden, nuclear emergency, president hu jintao, president joe, recent earthquake, us vice president, xi jinping