US to have permanent aviation official in IndiaOctober 15th, 2008 - 6:39 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Oct 15 (IANS) The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), which regulates all aspects of civil aviation in the US, will have a permanent representative in India, it said here Wednesday.FAA Administrator Robert A. Sturgell made the announced at the inaugural function of India Aviation-2008, India’s first international conference and exhibition on civil aviation.
The move is aimed at promoting aviation partnership with India. He said the official appointed as permanent representative to India brings with him a decade of air traffic operation experience, including recent work in China during the Beijing Olympics.
Sturgell said the FAA was working to promote partnership and cooperation in air traffic management, aircraft certification, airport safety and environment.
“Through partnerships in these area we want to learn from each other. Safety and efficiency solutions will benefit every one,” he said.
Sturgell said as countries were developing new aviation systems, there was a need to ensure that they are harmonised.
He pointed out that the FAA had already set up working groups to address safety and efficiency issues.
“You face many challenges including infrastructure challenges but you are not alone. Others are also facing the same challenges,” he said while referring to the growth of Indian civil aviation over the last seven decades.
- US, India sign aviation safety pact - Nov 17, 2011
- US-India to cooperate on flight navigation systems - Jul 19, 2011
- 'India, US aviation cooperation to grow' - Jul 19, 2011
- U.S. Transportation Secretary LaHood receives recommendations from aviation advisory committee - Dec 16, 2010
- India, US to ink aviation safety pact - Oct 18, 2010
- U.S. FAA launches website for pilots and public about laser incidents - Oct 28, 2011
- India, US to sign aviation safety agreement - Jul 14, 2011
- New service to look after air traffic, declares Patel - Dec 09, 2010
- India safest country in terms of civil aviation, claims Vayalar Ravi - Feb 18, 2011
- FAA dedicates new airport traffic control tower for New York's LaGuardia Airport - Jan 22, 2011
- Philippines implementing reforms to improve air safety rating - Sep 14, 2012
- FAA and Mongolia sign commerce and aeronautics agreement - Jun 17, 2011
- India formulating new air cargo promotion policy - Mar 14, 2012
- India, US to sign aviation safety agreement - Nov 25, 2010
- Security procedures for Michelle Obama tightened after aborted plane landing - Apr 21, 2011