US Navy chief to arrive in Delhi SundayApril 9th, 2010 - 8:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 9 (IANS) Ahead of the annual India-US naval ‘Malabar’ exercise, the chief of the US Navy, Admiral Dary Roughead, would arrive in New Delhi Sunday.
Roughead would be given a guard of honour at south block Monday. He would then meet Defence Minister A.K. Antony and chiefs of the armed forces.
He would also visit various naval establishments in Mumbai, Karwar and Kochi.
Roughead would leave India Friday.
“The visit is to further strengthen defence ties between the two countries. His visit comes just before the India-US naval exercises off Goa (April 22 to May 3),” a defence ministry official told IANS.
For the Malabar exercise, the Indian and US navies are deploying four big ships and a submarine each.
At present, Indian and Singapore navies are holding their annual exercise SIMBEX (Singapore Indian Maritime Bilateral Exercise) in two separate theatres — initially in the Andaman Sea and then in the Bay of Bengal.
- US Navy chief on India visit - Apr 11, 2010
- US Navy Chief Admiral Roughead given Guard of Honour - Apr 12, 2010
- Singapore, Indian Navies conduct naval exercise - Mar 24, 2011
- Tsunami-hit Japan opts out of India-US naval war game - Apr 01, 2011
- India-Singapore annual naval exercise begins Saturday - Apr 02, 2010
- Indian, US navies to conduct joint exercise - Apr 06, 2012
- Indian, Singaporean navies hold war game in China's backyard - Mar 24, 2011
- India, Russia to hold naval exercise (Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- India-US defence dialogue held ahead of naval drill - Feb 23, 2012
- Indo-US naval wargames begin in Arabian Sea - Apr 23, 2010
- US Navy operations chief in India - Apr 23, 2012
- Ahead of naval war game, Antony reviews national security - Feb 06, 2012
- Indian Navy inducts n-powered attack submarine - Apr 04, 2012
- Indian Navy asked to be alert to emerging threats - May 25, 2011
- India gets hawk eye over Strait of Malacca - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: andaman sea, antony, bay of bengal, chiefs, defence minister, defence ministry, defence ties, establishments, goa, guard of honour, karwar, kochi, malabar, ministry official, naval exercises, navies, navy admiral, navy chief, New Delhi, submarine