US military arming ex-terrorists in Kosovo: RussiaMarch 20th, 2008 - 10:16 pm ICT by admin
Moscow/Brussels, March 20 (DPA) Russia’s firebrand envoy to NATO Dmitry Rogozin said Thursday that US military aid to Kosovo amounted to arming “former terrorists”. Responding to news of US President George W. Bush’s approval of military aid to Kosovo, the Russian ambassador warned that such a move could lead to “new terrorist clashes in the Balkans”.
“To give former terrorists weapons for the war against terrorism appears at least amusing if not worse,” the Interfax news agency quoted Rogozin as saying from Brussels.
“It is well known that those in power in Kosovo came in as the organizers and leaders of the Kosovo Liberation Army, which many states recognized as a terrorist organization,” he said.
The US was among the first nations to recognize Kosovo after it split from Serbia, despite heavy protest from Russia, which warned that example of the province’s independence would fan the flames of separatist struggles worldwide.
- Russia warns against training Syrian rebels in Kosovo - May 15, 2012
- Russia needs defence research body: NATO envoy - Nov 17, 2011
- Russia expects US compromise on missile defense - Oct 27, 2011
- Russia-NATO Council to discuss conflict settlement in Libya - Mar 29, 2011
- NATO, Russia to sign compendium on cooperation - May 04, 2011
- Russia-NATO Council meeting to address Libya issue (Lead) - Mar 23, 2011
- Russia rejects US presence in Afghanistan after UN mandate expires - Oct 07, 2011
- Russia to build anti-NATO missile shield - Feb 05, 2012
- Russia, NATO may discuss Libyan crisis - Mar 02, 2011
- NATO commander to talk Euro missile shield in Moscow - Oct 10, 2011
- Russia denies deal with Iran over military cooperation - Feb 09, 2012
- Medvedev, Obama to discuss missile issue at G8 summit - May 16, 2011
- NATO campaign aimed at ousting Gaddafi - Russian NATO envoy - May 25, 2011
- US not cooperating with Russia on missile defence: Minister - Sep 04, 2011
- US ready to provide Russia with missile shield details - Nov 21, 2011