US judge apologises over racist Obama emailMarch 2nd, 2012 - 11:12 am ICT by IANS
Washington, March 2 (IANS) A judge in a US state has apologised after forwarding an email to friends that contained a joke deemed racist and involved President Barack Obama’s mother.
According to local media, the Montana state judge argued that he forwarded the email because he disliked Obama, not because he was a racist, Xinhua reported Friday.
Judge Richard Cebull told the Great Falls Tribune that his brother sent him the email, which he forwarded to six friends and acquaintances.
The judge apologised and acknowledged to the newspaper that the content of the email was racist but said he does not consider himself racist. He said he did not write the preface to the message.
“The only reason I can explain it to you is I am not a fan of our president, but this goes beyond not being a fan,” Cebull said. “I didn’t send it as racist, although that’s what it is. I sent it out because it’s anti-Obama.”
- GOP leader slams colleague for Obama-chimpanzee email - Apr 17, 2011
- Tribunal jails school manager for a month - Jul 10, 2011
- Former US Republican candidate Santorum endorses Romney - May 08, 2012
- US bans British teenager over offensive Obama e-mail - Sep 14, 2010
- Gallagher not email savvy - Oct 14, 2011
- Swiss Olympian kicked off team after sending racist tweet - Aug 01, 2012
- 30-day jail for Indian student Dharun Ravi; no deportation (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Marine's anti-Obama Facebook page receives a lot of criticism - Apr 17, 2010
- Indian-American's anti-Obama film making waves in US - Aug 29, 2012
- Most Americans approve of Obama's decision to resume military tribunals in Gitmo - Mar 25, 2011
- Indian firm in Britain asked Asians to use fake names - Jul 02, 2011
- Racist slur: New Zealand TV receives 1,500 complaints - Oct 18, 2010
- Young Liberal in Obama 'monkey' Twitter scandal to be expelled - Apr 16, 2010
- Emenike signs four-year extension with Spartak - Jun 26, 2012
- Macca refuses to apologise for Bush gag - Jun 26, 2010