US generals to hold talks with KayaniMarch 28th, 2012 - 4:35 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, March 28 (IANS) Two top US generals will hold talks with the Pakistani army chief Wednesday for the first time since NATO air strikes killed 24 Pakistani soldiers four months ago, the Geo News reported.
General James Mattis, the head of the US Central Command, and General John Allen, the US commander in Afghanistan, with hold talks with Pakistani army chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani later Wednesday, an Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) statement said.
The high-level meet will focus on the inquiry into the drone attack last November and improvements in border coordination procedures.
- CENTCOM chief discusses US-Pak military cooperation with Wynne - Apr 08, 2011
- Gilani sacks defence secretary, takes on army (Intro Night Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Pakistan, ISAF discuss border coordination - May 13, 2012
- `Pakistan ready to communicate with coalition forces' - Dec 14, 2011
- Gilani dismisses Pakistani defence secretary (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Democracy to continue in Pakistan: Gilani - Jan 12, 2012
- ISAF commander meets Pakistan Army chief - Jul 15, 2011
- ISI chief to visit US - Jul 13, 2011
- ISPR rejects 'Kayani-Manmohan secret contacts' report as "totally baseless" - Apr 26, 2011
- US general meets Pakistani army officials - Jul 14, 2011
- US general meets Kayani, discusses Haqqani network - Sep 24, 2011
- ISAF commander meets Pakistan army chief (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Petraeus discusses 'ways to improve regional security' with Kayani - Apr 26, 2011
- Kayani calls commanders' meet after defence secretary's sack - Jan 11, 2012
- Pakistani army discuss security at emergency meet - Sep 25, 2011
Tags: afghanistan, ashfaq, coordination procedures, drone, four months, general james mattis, generals, geo news, improvements, inter services, islamabad, last november, nato, nato air, pakistani army chief, pakistani soldiers, public relations, us central command, us commander