US diplomat fired upon in Pakistan, escapes unhurtAugust 26th, 2008 - 12:41 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 26 (Xinhua) A senior US diplomat escaped unhurt Tuesday when some unidentified gunmen opened fire on her car in the northwestern Pakistani city of Peshawar, media reports said.Lynne Tracy, top official at US Consulate in Peshawar, the capital city of Pakistan’s North West Frontier Province, came under direct fire by unidentified assailants while she was on her way to office, the reports said.
But she escaped unhurt as she was inside a bulletproof car, the reports added.
A passerby was injured in the firing and was taken to a nearby hospital.
- US consulate officer escapes unhurt in Peshawar firing - Aug 26, 2008
- Ten schoolchildren kidnapped in Pak's Kurram region - Apr 02, 2011
- Eight injured in Peshawar blast - Dec 22, 2011
- Violent incidents in Pakistan since Osama's killing - May 23, 2011
- US also to probe Aug 26 attack on diplomat in Pak - Sep 06, 2008
- Gunfight near US consulate in Peshawar (Second Lead) - Aug 28, 2010
- Ten schoolchildren kidnapped in Pak's Kurram region freed following negotiations - Apr 02, 2011
- Pakistan bars US diplomats from travel without permission - Oct 12, 2011
- Four die in Peshawar suicide bombing (Fourth Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Pakistani provincial minister shot at - May 16, 2011
- Unidentified gunmen attack Iranian bus in eastern Turkey, injuring 8 - Nov 16, 2011
- US aid worker shot dead in Pakistan - Nov 12, 2008
- Official shot dead in Pakistan's Quetta - Oct 08, 2011
- Arms seized from US officials' cars in Pakistan - Jun 05, 2012
- Seven killed as multiple bombings rock Peshawar (Second Lead) - Apr 05, 2010