US condoles death of Indian fisherman in shootingJuly 17th, 2012 - 2:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 17 (IANS) The US Tuesday conveyed its condolences to the families of an Indian killed and three others injured in a shooting incident by a US ship off the UAE coast and said it is probing the Monday evening incident.
In a statement, the US embassy in New Delhi conveyed its “condolences to the families of the crew of the small motor vessel which came under fire from the USNS Rappahannock on July 16 after the vessel disregarded non lethal warnings and rapidly approached the US ship”.
It also said that the incident is being probed.
The US Navy supply USNS Rappahannock fired on a fishing boat near the mouth of Jebel Ali Port in Dubai Monday evening as it “ignored the warnings and came too close”, Xinhua quoted sources as saying.
- UAE probes Indian fisherman's killing by US ship (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- India plans action over fisherman killing by US warship (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- India plans action over fisherman killing by US warship (Second Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- US Navy ship fires at boat off UAE coast - Jul 17, 2012
- US insists fishing vessel was warned before firing - Jul 18, 2012
- India trying to repatriate body of killed fisherman - Jul 17, 2012
- India for probe into US deadly attack on fishermen off Dubai (Roundup) - Jul 17, 2012
- Krishna says UAE probing Indian fisherman's killing - Jul 17, 2012
- Time to frame rules to protect our fisherfolk (Comment) - Jul 23, 2012
- US assures India of probe into fisherman's killing - Jul 20, 2012
- US ship didn't warn Indian fishermen: Dubai police chief - Jul 19, 2012
- Get compensation to families of Indian fishermen: Jayalalithaa (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Get compensation to families of Indian fishermen: Jayalalithaa - Jul 17, 2012
- US assures transparent probe into fisherman killing - Jul 23, 2012
- Fisherman killing: India seeks transparent probe from US - Aug 09, 2012