US citizen charged with providing nuclear secrets to IsraelApril 23rd, 2008 - 2:31 pm ICT by admin
Washington, April 23 (DPA) A US citizen has been charged with providing nuclear and other military secrets to Israel during the 1980s, US authorities have announced in New York. The US Justice Department Tuesday alleged that Ben-Ami Kadish conspired to pass along classified documents to an Israeli official and acted as an agent of the Israeli government.
Kadish, a mechanical engineer, allegedly provided the Israelis with information about nuclear weaponry, a modified version of an F-15 fighter jet and the Patriot missile-defence system.
Kadish, while working from 1979-1985 at the US Army’s Armament Research, Development and Engineering Centre in Dover, New Jersey, was able to access the documents at the facility’s library, the justice official said.
Kadish removed the documents from the library and took them to his home, where an official from the Israeli consulate in Manhattan would meet Kadish and photograph the documents in his basement.
The justice department did not name the Israeli official, who worked as the consul for science affairs at the consulate from 1980 to 1985 and directed Kadish’s spying activities.
Kadish is due to appear in court facing four counts, including conspiracy to disclose US national defence documents, acting as an agent of the Israeli government, hindering communication to a law enforcement officer, and making false statements.
The justice department said that on March 8, Kadish spoke with his Israeli handler, who instructed Kadish to lie to federal authorities. The following day during an interrogation, Kadish denied having a phone conversation with the Israeli, the department said.
- Israel may attack Iran before US election: Report - Aug 23, 2012
- Iran dismantles US-linked spy network, arrests 30 CIA agents - May 22, 2011
- Ex-US official jailed for spying for Cuba - Jul 17, 2010
- Iran blames CIA for Iranian nuclear official's killing - Jan 16, 2012
- US consulate to move from south Mumbai to city centre - Nov 02, 2011
- Former U.S. employee of Akamai pleads guilty to spying for Israel - Aug 31, 2011
- Adarsh missing papers probe handed over to CBI - Feb 17, 2011
- NATO, Russia planning for Lisbon summit - Sep 22, 2010
- US has 'solemn duty' to stop nuclear Iran: Romney - Jul 30, 2012
- Pakistan bars US diplomats from travel without permission - Oct 12, 2011
- US scientist, wife held for selling N-weapon detail - Sep 18, 2010
- No Americans killed in Peshawar blast: US - Sep 03, 2012
- Wikileaks expose: Saudi Arabia urges US attack on Iran - Nov 29, 2010
- NATO summit kicks off in Chicago - May 21, 2012
- WikiLeaks lays bare nuclear standoff with Pakistan, hacking by China (Lead) - Nov 29, 2010