US celebrity Leah Martin to endorse SEWA brandOctober 19th, 2008 - 10:17 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Oct 19 (IANS) Hansiba, the flagship brand of the Self-Employed Women’s Association (SEWA), has roped in American model and singer Leah Martin as its brand ambassador. “I really admire Hansiba creations and the work done by SEWA,” Martin, has been the face of top international brands like Pepsi, Tommy Hilfiger and Microsoft, said here Sunday.
“There is lot of talent in the hands of the young daughters of artisans which needs to be explored in India. It’s an honour to be a part of such great work. The apparels designed by Hansiba artisans and their daughters have magnificent embroidery and unique qualities which will help them create a niche in the national and international markets,” Martin added.
Speaking on the occasion Mona Dave, CEO of SEWA Trade Facilitation Centre (STFC) said: “We are honoured to have Leah Martin on board to promote the brand.”
STFC is owned by over 4,000 women artisans of rural Gujarat.
By providing craftswomen with livelihood training in the handicrafts sector, STFC is helping its 15,000 members earn at least Rs.1,500 per month.
Hansiba has set up a boutique in Delhi and plans to open two more stores this year.
- Sharmila walks the ramp with 92-year-old SEWA artisan (With Images) - Mar 28, 2010
- Self-employed women's group to go global - Mar 20, 2010
- Poor Muslim women connect to global fashion with crafts (With Image) - Jun 03, 2012
- Hansiba launches environment friendly pr - Jun 26, 2008
- Hansiba: a brand's journey from Gujarat around globe (Feature with images) - Jan 17, 2010
- Women artisans forge new links between South Asian nations - Jan 06, 2011
- Women artisans greet 'impressed' Clinton with 'We shall overcome' (Second Lead) - Jul 18, 2009
- Clinton meets women artisans (Lead) - Jul 18, 2009
- 'We shall overcome' in Gujarati greets Clinton (With Clinton meets women artisans) - Jul 18, 2009
- Macys Unveils Its Black Friday Offers Finally - Nov 17, 2010
- Indian handicrafts get contemporary twist - Jul 20, 2011
- Holmes to become Hilfiger ambassador - Apr 19, 2012
- Indian lessons for Kenyan bead weavers (With Image) - Jan 08, 2012
- India inks $1 mn pact to train African craftswomen - Feb 29, 2012
- JLo, Anthony's clothing line to go ahead - Jul 20, 2011