US business school ties up with IIM-LucknowMay 9th, 2012 - 7:28 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, May 9 (IANS) Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business has announced a partnership with the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Lucknow to deliver programmes in the growing field of business analytics.
Kelley’s first foray into India will result in two graduate-level, year-long certificate programmes with spots for about 100 students, the Bloomington, Indiana-based university announced.
One programme will be for students enrolled at IIM Lucknow and the other will be open to working professionals in India. Ultimately, the two schools plan to deliver a graduate degree programme in business analytics.
Kelley already offers an MBA in Business Analytics at its Bloomington campus, where a new Institute for Business Analytics was launched in February.
The emerging field of business analytics involves the use of data to guide decision-making. It typically includes large quantities of data on past performance and the use of tools such as predictive analytics and simulations to run what-if scenarios.
The goal is to improve productivity, increase profits, and create and exploit an organization’s competitive advantage.
Three Kelley faculty of Indian descent helped to create the new Institute for Business Analytics — co-director Vijay Khatri, associate professor of information systems, Ash Soni, associate dean of information technology, professor of operations and decision technologies, and Munirpallam A. Venkataramanan, associate dean for academic programmes.
“The Kelley School is on the cutting edge in the rapidly growing field of business analytics. Likewise, the Indian Institute of Management at Lucknow is widely recognized as being among the finest business schools in India and, indeed, the world,” said Dan Smith, dean of the Kelley School.
“Information systems and business analytics is a very strong area at Kelley,” said Devi Singh, director of IIM Lucknow.
“Their experience in developing programmes successfully, particularly working closely with American and multinational companies — which have operations around the world, including in India — is impressive,” he said.
(Arun Kumar can be contacted at email@example.com)
- IIM-Lucknow signs accord with US B-school - Sep 01, 2011
- IIM-Lucknow to help train SC, ST candidates - Sep 07, 2012
- Yale names IIM, Ahmedabad almunus to top post (With images) - Jun 18, 2012
- IIM-Shillong, NSE to offer course in financial markets - Jun 29, 2012
- IIM-Calcutta to tap corporates for funds - Sep 23, 2011
- ISB signs MoU to offer executive education in Pakistan (with images) - Apr 13, 2012
- IIM-Lucknow launches new professional course - Jul 21, 2010
- Indian teacher chosen for US space programme (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- Indian teacher chosen for US space programme - Jan 31, 2012
- IIM-Calcutta gets a gift of knowledge from alumni - Sep 01, 2011
- Need national leaders from science, engineering: PM - Aug 18, 2012
- External review, more autonomy for IIMs mooted - Nov 02, 2011
- 6 MIT scientists to address EmTech India in Bangalore - Mar 23, 2012
- North American gurus to join Indian management conclave - Aug 05, 2012
- Indian American named Chicago business school dean - Jul 29, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,