US, Britain planning to attack Iran: ReportNovember 3rd, 2011 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 3 (IANS) Britain and the US are reportedly drawing up a joint plan to attack Iran after reports said Tehran now has enough enriched uranium for four nuclear weapons.
US President Barack Obama and British Prime Minister David Cameron are preparing for a war against Tehran following Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s regime being linked to three assassination plots on foreign soil, officials told the Daily Mail.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defence Minister Ehud Barak were also preparing for an attack against Iran. Tel Aviv has successfully test-fired a rocket capable of carrying a nuclear warhead that could strike Iran, the report said.
Sources said Britain would be likely to agree to any US decision to invade Iran, even though the ministry of defence was “stretched to breaking point by swingeing budget cuts and wars in Afghanistan and Libya”.
A special unit at the ministry has been instructed to work out Britain’s strategy if its army invades Iran.
Intelligence reports say Iran is hiding the material for a covert nuclear weapons programme in fortified bunkers that cannot be reached by conventional missiles.
Ahmadinejad denies Iran is trying to produce a bomb. He claims the nuclear programme is only intended to produce energy for the country.
- Israeli minister denies plans to strike Iran - Nov 08, 2011
- Israel leaders misleading public on Iran: Ex-security chief - Apr 28, 2012
- Wikileaks expose: Saudi Arabia urges US attack on Iran - Nov 29, 2010
- Majority of Israelis oppose unilateral Iran strike: Poll - Mar 08, 2012
- Israel warns against concessions to Tehran - May 22, 2012
- Israel reiterates call for sanctions on Iran - Nov 25, 2011
- Israeli PM seeks world to set 'red line' for Iran - Sep 03, 2012
- Israel preparing to attack Iran: Report - Aug 17, 2012
- Iran starts mass production of anti-tank rockets - Aug 30, 2011
- Israel may attack Iran before US election: Report - Aug 23, 2012
- Iran rejects Israeli accusations over Bulgaria blast - Jul 19, 2012
- US making powerful bomb to hit Iran: Report - Jan 28, 2012
- April talks last chance for Iran to avoid US attack - Mar 14, 2012
- Medvedev urges calm over Iran, warns of 'catastrophe' - Nov 09, 2011
- Iran seeking to build nuclear weapon: Cameron - Mar 07, 2012
Tags: assassination plots, barack obama, benjamin netanyahu, british prime minister, budget cuts, daily mail, david cameron, intelligence reports, iran report, iranian president mahmoud, iranian president mahmoud ahmadinejad, israeli prime minister, mahmoud ahmadinejad, minister benjamin netanyahu, minister david, nuclear warhead, nuclear weapons, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, prime minister benjamin, us decision