US, Bangladesh, conduct joint disaster relief exerciseAugust 11th, 2008 - 3:11 am ICT by IANS
Dhaka, Aug 11 (Xinhua) The US and Bangladesh soldiers Sunday started a four-day joint disaster relief exercise in the country’s Gazipur district, officials said. The Bangladesh Army and the US Marine Force (Pacific Command) are taking part in the exercises, some 37 km from here, the army said in a statement Sunday, the UNB news agency reported.
The Durjoge Durnibar-2008 exercise would simulate earthquake relief operations, the US embassy here said in a statement.
The exercise would improve the ability of the soldiers to work together in future natural disasters, it said.
It demonstrates the US government’s commitment to Bangladesh to promote regional security and military cooperation, the statement said.
- Nepal's acting PM prays future quakes would hit US - Sep 21, 2011
- Indian ship arrives ahead of navy chief's Bangladesh trip - Apr 04, 2011
- Bangladesh-India joint military exercise begins - Oct 09, 2011
- US to increase military activities in Australia: Obama - Nov 16, 2011
- China, Russia hold joint naval exercise - Apr 22, 2012
- US offers help in Pakistan avalanche rescue - Apr 09, 2012
- Pilot hurt as Bangladesh Air Force trainer crashes - Apr 08, 2012
- Deaths, destruction as strong quake hits India, Nepal - Sep 19, 2011
- 'US-led war games detrimental to Asia-Pacific stability' - Aug 05, 2012
- Annandale ground: Army, Himachal head for confrontation (Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- 68 dead in earthquake; toll may rise - Sep 20, 2011
- Drill to check Delhi's earthquake preparedness - Feb 14, 2012
- Dhumal raises Shimla ground row in Delhi; Army says no conflict - Apr 16, 2012
- Annandale ground: Army, Himachal head for confrontation - Apr 15, 2012
- Indian Air Force chief begins Bangladesh trip - Mar 18, 2012