Urdu university educational programmes on AIRJanuary 6th, 2009 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Jan 6 (IANS) The Maulana Azad National Urdu University (MANUU) will now offer distance education programmes for its students over state owned All India Radio (AIR).The directorate of distance education of the university Tuesday entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with AIR in this regard.
To start with, a half-an-hour long programme will be broadcast every Sunday at 5 p.m. by 31 AIR stations in seven states - Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Jammu and Kashmir, Karnataka , Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra.
“The programme will go on air Jan 9, which is the foundation day of MANUU,” university vice-chancellor A.M. Pathan told a news conference after signing the MoU with P.S. Gopalakrishna, station director, AIR, Hyderabad.
The vice-chancellor said the duration of the programme would be increased depending on the response from the students. Last year, the university had launched its educational programmes on Doordarshan Urdu channel.
“We started with the telecast of one programme a week but the number of programmes per week has gone up to four following the tremendous response it received from students,” he said.
MANUU was established in 1998 by an act of parliament as a central university to promote and develop the Urdu language, provide higher, technical and vocational education in the Urdu medium and to provide focus on women’s education.
K.R. Iqbal Ahmed, pro vice chancellor and director, distance education, MANUU, said the university had a wide distance education network with 134,000 students. It has nine regional centres, five sub-regional centres and 140 study centres all over the country.
The university has already established an examination centres at Jeddah in Saudi Arabia and is in the process of setting up more examination centres in the Middle East. It also proposes to start examination centres in Canada, New York and Chicago.
- IGNOU signs pact with Chinese varsity - Oct 05, 2011
- IGNOU to offer courses on traditional knowledge systems - Jul 12, 2011
- IGNOU to offer courses in warehousing, accounting - Aug 10, 2011
- IGNOU to open study centre in Zambia - Feb 13, 2012
- Canada's Carleton to have ties with IIT Mumbai, Jindal Global University - Feb 04, 2011
- Sikkim Manipal University in pact with Scottish varsity - Nov 11, 2011
- IGNOU to empower the less privileged - Aug 05, 2011
- Jindal Global Law School signs MoUs with leading US law schools - Apr 12, 2012
- India, Canada to cooperate in areas of food processing industries: Sahai - Jun 07, 2010
- Hyderabad to host seminar on Islamic art, culture - Oct 24, 2011
- IGNOU collaborates on Unique Identification Numbers project - Oct 28, 2010
- NSD, Polish drama academy ink agreement (With Image) - Jan 09, 2012
- Yale University to collaborate with Indian institutes to promote academic leadership - Oct 28, 2010
- Create knowledge systems, not learning systems: UGC - Feb 14, 2012
- Calcutta, Glasgow universities sign pact - Nov 12, 2011