UP’s record: 20,000 constables transferredMay 15th, 2012 - 10:15 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 15 (IANS) In the biggest reshuffle till date on a single day, the Uttar Pradesh government Tuesday transferred a whopping 20,324 constables.
Officials said the transfers were ordered following a government order of March 20 wherein the new Samajwadi Party government had lifted the ban on posting of constables in areas adjoining their home town.
Following the policy reversal, the Uttar Pradesh Police had set rolling a phased option scheme for the constabulary.
The policemen were asked to submit with the police headquarters three options of their choice for preferred posting.
Inspector General of Police (Establishment) Sandeep Salunke, who oversaw the whole process, told IANS that the exercise was challenging since it involved balancing the aspirations of the constables while not disturbing the strength on the field at the district level.
The scheme is likely to create goodwill for the two-month-old Akhilesh Yadav government since it comes in complete contrast to the policy during the BSP regime when constables were barred from serving near their home districts.
In the Monday reshuffle, 17,131 constables have been posted in the first choice, 1,444 in their second choice and 971 have been sent to posting of their third choice.
Constables and head constables who preferred moving out of their home zones and regions have also been accomodated in places of their choice, an official said.
Another high-point of this large scale transfers is the fact that for none of the postings, constables were asked to come to the headquarter and all transfer requests were disposed off online.
- Rajasthan again transfers 26 police officers - Apr 30, 2012
- UP gets new police chief, 26 officers shifted - Mar 19, 2012
- Orders from top: UP Police in makeover drive - Jun 23, 2012
- 12 IAS transferred in UP - Mar 27, 2012
- Two officials transferred after Mathura riots - Jun 04, 2012
- Akhilesh transfers 112 cops - Mar 27, 2012
- CBI points to links between Goa Police, drug mafia - Oct 01, 2011
- Punjab gives promotions to 5,199 police men in one go - Sep 24, 2011
- Massive security for 2013 Allahabad Kumbh Mela - Jun 19, 2012
- 300 obese Pakistani cops removed from field jobs - Jun 22, 2012
- Akhilesh rejigs bureaucracy, 30 officials transferred - Mar 19, 2012
- IPS officers reshuffled in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 20, 2012
- Three Punjab DGPs transferred - Mar 16, 2012
- Poll panel asks for Kolkata top cop's removal (Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- 70 IAS officials transferred in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 13, 2012