UP to set up control rooms for road accident victimsMay 25th, 2012 - 11:40 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 25 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh will set up control rooms on national and state highways to provide emergency services to accident victims in district-level hospitals across the state, officials said.
The decision was taken in a meeting presided over by state Chief Secretary Jawed Usmani Thursday. Orders have been issued to publicise the toll-free phone numbers of control rooms.
The state government has also ordered all district magistrates and local police officials to ensure speedy treatment and emergency care to road accident victims.
The emergency services will be monitored by a committee comprising the district magistrate, the chief medical officer and the road transport officer.
Ambulances will be deployed in three shifts of eight hours each on all major highways. The arrangement and maintenance of the ambulances will be done by the health department, officials said.
In case of a major accident, cranes will be pressed into service to clear traffic.
- Jawed Usmani takes over as UP chief secretary - Mar 23, 2012
- Four killed as ambulance crashes into bus (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh to get highway network soon - Jul 09, 2012
- UP to launch state portal for citizen welfare - Jul 19, 2012
- Himachal to launch free ambulance service - Dec 20, 2010
- CATS doesn't respond to 28 percent calls: study - Feb 08, 2012
- Tripura to launch 24X7 ambulance service - Jul 28, 2012
- Ghaziabad residents give suggestions on highways - Aug 05, 2012
- 12 killed, 40 missing as rains pound Uttarakhand, Jammu, Himachal (Second Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh initiates work on freight corridor - Jun 02, 2012
- In Mulayam's deal, more central funds for Uttar Pradesh - Jul 10, 2012
- 12 killed, 40 missing as rains pound Uttarakhand, Jammu (Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- UP government rolls out 133 ambulances - Sep 14, 2012
- New trauma centres to be opened along highways - Apr 26, 2011
- Snowfall cuts off Kashmir from rest of country - Jan 16, 2012