UP policeman hit by bus, critical (Lead)June 25th, 2012 - 4:12 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 25 (IANS) A police officer in Uttar Pradesh was in critical condition Monday after being hit and dragged by a speeding bus here, police said.
The incident took place late Sunday on the Cantonment Road when Varun Singh was driving his motorcycle to report for work.
According to police, a speeding UP Roadways bus hit him from the front. He was dragged for a few metres.
At the Balrampur Hospital, doctors said he had lost a lot of blood and had a critical head injury.
Police are looking for the absconding driver and conductor.
- UP cop hit by speeding bus, critical - Jun 25, 2012
- Eight dead as vehicle slams into bus in UP - Apr 21, 2012
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- Bus mows down woman in east Delhi - Nov 23, 2011
- 38 dead as train rams into bus in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 07, 2011
- Bus crushes traffic cop, cyclist to death, injures another - Jan 24, 2011
- Man killed, brother hurt in Ghaziabad road accident - Jun 23, 2010
- Truck crushes three siblings in Greater Noida - Jul 14, 2011
- Bus knocks down 11 in Meerut, two killed - Oct 19, 2011
- Three killed in road accidents - Feb 06, 2012
- Beam at Delhi flyover causes male nurse's death - Apr 29, 2012
- Three killed in separate accidents on Delhi roads - Sep 14, 2010
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- Two killed, 15 wounded in Kashmir road accidents - May 11, 2011
- One dead in DTC bus accident (Lead) - Jul 15, 2011