UP Police issued notice over woman’s deathApril 30th, 2012 - 11:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 30 (IANS)) The National Human Rights Commission Monday issued notice to the Uttar Pradesh Police for remaining a meek spectator to the death of an old woman’s death, hit by a vehicle in the state’s Hapur district.
Police did not take her to hospital after disagreement over the jurisdiction of the incident.
Taking cognizance of the report published in newspapers April 22, the commission has issued a notice to the state police chief to submit a detailed report in the matter within four weeks.
“The commission has observed in its notice that, if true, this indifference by police who are supposed to take action is quite reprehensible and also violative of human rights of a citizen,” said a NHRC release.
- Notice to Uttar Pradesh Police for dereliction of duty - Apr 28, 2011
- NHRC asks Bihar for report on students' thrashing - Jul 19, 2012
- NHRC seeks report on fake encounter in Manipur - Aug 30, 2012
- Compensate woman mistreated by police, NHRC tells Delhi - Mar 22, 2012
- Delhi government, police get notice on labourer's death - Oct 25, 2010
- Woman delivers on road in Odisha, NHRC issues notice - Apr 12, 2012
- West Bengal issued notice over hunger deaths - Aug 29, 2012
- Why are children dying of malnutrition, asks rights panel - Dec 27, 2010
- Media should highlight rights violations: NHRC (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- NHRC issues notice to Jharkhand government - Sep 13, 2012
- Uphold dignity of women, Delhi Police told - Mar 16, 2011
- Notice to Uttar Pradesh government on medical officer's death - Jun 24, 2011
- Rights panel notice to Delhi over injured boy - Feb 13, 2012
- Media should highlight rights violations: NHRC - Apr 27, 2012
- NHRC sends notice to Delhi government - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: cognizance, disagreement, district police, hapur, human rights commission, indifference, jurisdiction, national human rights, national human rights commission, New Delhi, newspapers, old woman, rights of a citizen, spectator, state police, uttar pradesh police