UP plans special cells for NRIsJuly 10th, 2012 - 2:23 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 10 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh government has decided to set up an NRI cell for people from the state to track their growth and safety and also look into issues such as health, says Labour Minister Waqar Ahmad Shah.
“A large number of people from Uttar Pradesh are settled in Gulf countries or have gone there for jobs and face problems,” Shah told IANS Tuesday.
Instructions, he said, had been issued to all district magistrates in the state to collect data on the number of people from each district who are overseas. The special cell for NRIs would also inform on possibilities of employment if and when they decide to come back to the state.
“There are many situations like that of safety, health and communication with relatives back home that need to be attended to. All such issues would be addressed through the special NRI cell,” the minister added.
Budgetary provisions were being made for creation of such a cell, he said.
- West Bengal to set up NRI cell to attract investment - May 28, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh chief minister woos NRIs to state - Jan 12, 2010
- 381 wives of NRIs seek government help - Mar 15, 2012
- Punjab opposes service tax on foreign remittances - Jul 08, 2012
- Akali government blamed for lack of NRI voters - Jan 27, 2012
- Post-budget, NRIs have to spend more in India (Comment) - Mar 06, 2011
- NRI body opposes move to tax long stay in India - Nov 30, 2011
- UP to set up control rooms for road accident victims - May 25, 2012
- What happened to Bhopal's housing scheme, ask NRIs - Feb 22, 2011
- NRIs get right to vote in Indian elections (Second Lead) - Jan 08, 2012
- Punjab to launch card for NRIs - Jul 30, 2012
- Punjab to set up panel for NRIs - Jun 24, 2011
- Policemen arrested for extortion - Nov 02, 2011
- NRIs' voting method yet to be decided: Vayalar Ravi - Dec 21, 2010
- Two held with fake currency notes - Oct 15, 2011
Tags: ahmad shah, budgetary provisions, cells, district magistrates, face problems, gulf countries, jobs, labour minister, lucknow, possibilities, relatives, safety health, uttar pradesh government, waqar ahmad