UP orders digitization of government recordsJuly 4th, 2012 - 5:20 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 4 (IANS) In the aftermath of the terrible fire that swept through the Mantralaya in Mumbai, the Uttar Pradesh government has ordered the digitization of all important official records.
Informed sources told IANS that Chief Secretary Javed Usmani has held discussions regarding the preparedness of state agencies including the fire department in case of a Mumbai-like blaze.
Orders have been issued to the IT department to frame a policy so that all important documents and records of the state are preserved and stored in forms which can’t be destroyed by accidents and natural calamities.
The government has ordered an upgrade of the fire equipment installed at vital buildings and formed a panel of senior officials to ensure prompt digitization of all official records and documents.
The IT department has been asked to undertake the digitization drive at the earliest.
Instructions have been given to do away with all old furniture lying dumped in many offices.
Senior foremen have been asked to inspect all buildings housing government offices to know the preparedness or the lack of it in the case of fire.
All pipelines lying defunct have to be replaced within one month and proper space for fire brigade vehicles is being chalked out in government buildings.
- Chavan reviews situation after Mantralaya blaze - Jun 21, 2012
- Mantralaya fire continues second day - Jun 22, 2012
- Mantralaya blaze: Chavan says fire controlled, orders probe (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Mantralaya to be functional in three months, says Bhujbal (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Chavan, Bhujbal inspect fire-ravaged Mantralaya - Jun 23, 2012
- RTI activist alleges sabotage in Mantralaya fire - Jun 22, 2012
- Two killed, 16 injured in Mantralaya fire (Intro Night Lead) (With images) - Jun 22, 2012
- Pawar lauds rescue operations during Mantralaya fire - Jun 22, 2012
- 16 injured in Mantralaya fire, blaze under control (Night Lead) (With images) - Jun 21, 2012
- Punjab orders discarded furniture's removal from secretariat - Aug 24, 2012
- Mantralaya resumes work after four days - Jun 25, 2012
- Mantralaya to be functional in three months, says Bhujbal - Jun 23, 2012
- Fire-ravaged Mantralaya to get new look - Aug 30, 2012
- Mantralaya fire toll rises to five (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Chavan takes stock of Mantralaya fire - Jun 22, 2012
Tags: aftermath, blaze, chief secretary, fire brigade, fire department, fire equipment, foremen, government buildings, government offices, government records, javed, mantralaya, natural calamities, old furniture, pipelines, preparedness, proper space, senior officials, usmani, uttar pradesh government