UP foodgrain scam: Apex court seeks CBI’s responseMarch 14th, 2012 - 8:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 14 (IANS) The Supreme Court Wednesday asked the Uttar Pradesh government and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to respond to a plea seeking lifting of curbs on a corruption case related to alleged diversion of foodgrain.
The petition sought a vacation of partial stay imposed by the court in 2011 on an order by the Allahabad High Court on the alleged scam involving Rs.2 lakh crore and revolving around diversion of foodgrain from the state to other countries.
Petitioner Vishwanath Chaturvedi in his application said that besides a large number of government and non-government entities, the scam involved leaders of the Congress and the Samajwadi Party.
- UP foodgrain scam: Apex court seeks CBI's response (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Mulayam slams Mayawati Govt. over UP food scam - Dec 07, 2010
- Court dismisses plea in Mulayam assets case - Mar 03, 2012
- UP Food Scam: Onus of distributing food grains lies with State Govts.: Pawar - Dec 07, 2010
- SC to study order on petitioner against Rahul Gandhi - Aug 21, 2012
- Court dismisses plea in Mulayam assets case (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Paswan wants Nitish Kumar to quit over fodder scam - Sep 08, 2012
- Courts used for settling political scores, apex court told - Feb 08, 2011
- Supreme Court reserves verdict on Mulayam's plea - Feb 17, 2011
- Akhilesh behind 2011 'rape' case against Rahul, SC told (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- SC to study order on petitioner against Rahul Gandhi (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- 2G: Apex court grants bail to Behura (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Fodder scam: Petition filed to make Nitish Kumar an accused - Sep 07, 2012
- Punish those responsible for conspiracy against Rahul: Congress - Mar 08, 2011
- SC breather for Maharashtra transport minister - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: allahabad high court, apex, apex court, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chaturvedi, corruption case, crore, curbs, diversion, government entities, lakh, New Delhi, petition, petitioner, plea, rs 2, Samajwadi Party, uttar pradesh government, vishwanath