UP ex-minister, aide to undergo DNA testJuly 11th, 2012 - 6:42 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 11 (IANS) A DNA test will be conducted on Daddu Prasad, a former BSP minister in Uttar Pradesh and his personal assistant, after a woman who had earlier alleged being raped by the two, gave birth to a child, police said Wednesday.
Based on the demands of the woman, who hails from Chitrakoot, the police late Tuesday gave a go-ahead for a DNA test to be conducted on Daddu, a former rural development minister and also a close aide of former chief minister Mayawati. The test will also be conducted on Daddu’s personal assistant Angad. The woman Monday gave birth to a child.
Confirming the decision to conduct the DNA test, Superintendent of Police (SP) Crime A.K. Pandey said the decision was taken with a view of a 2011 complaint lodged by the woman at Karvi police station in Allahabad.
The victim was escorted to a private hospital in Allahabad by BJP leader Manju Maurya and gave birth to a baby boy Monday.
Police said that the woman earlier had filed a complaint in 2011 alleging that the minister and his personal assistant had been raping her for three years, and when she got pregnant they thrashed her and threw her out of the house.
The woman had raised the matter with the media then and after a furore, a case was registered against the two by the police but no follow-up happened as the BSP was in power.
The woman reiterated her charges at the Allahabad hospital after which the police have decided to conduct a DNA test on the minister and his personal assistant to ascertain her child’s paternity and the veracity fo her charges.
- Mayawati defends minister accused of rape - Oct 20, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh opposition demands minister's sacking - Oct 20, 2011
- All eyes on Lucknow in fourth phase of UP polls - Feb 18, 2012
- Mumbai woman alleges rape in Kolkata - Aug 24, 2012
- BSP Govt. taking Banda rape case 'very seriously': Mayawati - Jan 20, 2011
- Rita Bahuguna's plea sent to high court chief justice - Nov 08, 2011
- NCP lawmaker charged with rape, sent to three-day police custody - Feb 27, 2011
- Borther cries foul, woman unable to bear boy child dies - Oct 20, 2011
- Kolkata woman who alleged gangrape does volte face - Aug 14, 2012
- Kolkata 'rape' case: Now police say offence 'must have occurred' - Feb 17, 2012
- Mentally-challenged woman's rapist identified - Dec 14, 2010
- Pinki files theft complaint against live-in partner - Jul 15, 2012
- Mumbai senior cop suspended for raping colleague - Apr 18, 2012
- Violence after car in minister's fleet injures student - Feb 25, 2011
- Two held for raping Kolkata woman in moving car (Lead) - Feb 19, 2012