UP celebrates Republic DayJanuary 26th, 2012 - 4:37 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Jan 26 (IANS) India’s 63rd Republic Day was celebrated with the usual gaiety in Uttar Pradesh Thursday, with Governor B.L. Joshi taking the salute at a colourful parade in front of the Council House here.
The function was attended by Chief Minister Mayawati and senior police and state government officials.
Apart from participation of local units of the army and para-military forces, the parade included impressive tableaux put up by different government and private institutions, showcasing the country’s rich cultural heritage.
While 18 policemen from Uttar Pradesh have been awarded the President’s Police Medal, a 10-year-old school boy from Azamgarh has been honoured with Sanjay Chopra Bravery Award, which will be given to him by the prime minister in New Delhi.
- Uttar Pradesh celebrates R-Day with patriotic zeal - Jan 26, 2011
- India celebrates 63rd Republic Day - Jan 26, 2012
- 'Worth a lifetime,' say R-Day spectators - Jan 26, 2011
- Vice President Ansari meets 'National Bravery Award- 2010' winner children - Jan 21, 2011
- Policemen honoured in Uttar Pradesh on R-Day - Jan 26, 2010
- West Bengal celebrates Republic Day - Jan 26, 2012
- 24 children to get National Bravery Awards - Jan 18, 2012
- Twenty-three children selected for National Bravery Awards 2010 - Jan 17, 2011
- Pomp, pageantry mark Republic Day in Karnataka (Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Celebration and introspection... India goes tricolour on 63rd R-Day (Roundup) - Jan 26, 2012
- Nation gets set to celebrate 61st Republic Day - Jan 25, 2011
- West Bengal celebrates Republic Day (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Military might, 'mini-India' on display at 62nd Republic Day - Jan 26, 2011
- National Bravery Awards to be conferred on 23 children (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- 23 children to get National Bravery Awards - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: azamgarh, bravery award, chief minister, chopra, colourful parade, council house, cultural heritage, gaiety, joshi, lucknow, Mayawati, military forces, New Delhi, police medal, policemen, private institutions, republic day, sanjay, state government officials, uttar pradesh