UP cabinet revokes facilities to key Mayawati aideApril 27th, 2012 - 11:15 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 27 (IANS) The Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party (SP) government in Uttar Pradesh Friday took some major decisions at its third cabinet meeting, including revoking all facilities being provided to former cabinet secretary Shahsank Shekhar Singh, the closest aide of former chief minister Mayawati.
With the change in Service Rules manual, the chief secretary would once again be the secretary to the state cabinet, a post otherwise held by the cabinet secretary in the Bahaujan Samaj Party (BSP) government.
The cabinet also approved the road map and policy for advance purchase of urea and phosphate fertilizers for farmers.
Orders were also issued to make advance arrangements to store the food grains produced in the state.
The state cabinet also approved the recommendations of the Uttar Pradesh Scheduled Caste Finance and Development Board Limited to give revised pay scale, pay band and other perks to its employees. These would be implemented with immediate effect.
New rates for advertisements, as recommended by the state entertainment department, have also been okayed and it has been decided that commercials played on cable television, videos, cinema halls and other digital mediums would also be brought under the purview. This is likely to rake in Rs. 1,100 crores to the state’s kitty.
It was also decided to rename the Manyavar Shri Kanshiram Forest, Wildlife and Environment Conservation Prize in the name of war hero and posthumous Paramvir Chakra winner Abdul Hameed.
- UP to provide broadband service to all panchayats - Jul 31, 2012
- UP to revise Mayawati's excise policy - Apr 02, 2012
- Maya attacks Akhilesh for changing names of eight districts (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- UP cabinet approves Samajwadi Party's polls sops - Mar 16, 2012
- UP government transfers 109 officials - Apr 07, 2012
- khilesh reverts names of eight UP districts - Jul 23, 2012
- 'Congress to monitor Akhilesh government's performance' - Apr 06, 2012
- Akhilesh against bringing chief minister's post under Lokayukta - Apr 26, 2012
- Government postpones urea price hike - Jun 14, 2012
- Major Laishram Jyotin Singh conferred Ashok Chakra award posthumously for role in Afghanistan - Aug 14, 2010
- 'SP compromising national security by appeasing Muslims' - Apr 05, 2012
- Akhilesh becomes UP chief minister (Second Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- UP restores prime land near Delhi to irrigation department - Aug 28, 2012
- 250 murders a day in Akhilesh-ruled UP, claims BSP - Apr 27, 2012
- No plan to increase urea price: Fertiliser minister - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: advance arrangements, advance purchase, akhilesh, cabinet meeting, cabinet secretary, chief minister, chief secretary, cinema halls, conservation prize, crores, digital mediums, entertainment department, environment conservation, food grains, forest wildlife, phosphate fertilizers, shekhar, state cabinet, state entertainment, war hero