UP allots land for AIIMS in Rae Bareli townAugust 13th, 2012 - 11:35 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 13 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has given his consent for allotment of land to set up an All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Rae Bareli town, officials said Monday.
The state government had proposed 114 acres in Lalganj tehsil in Rae Bareli district but the central government asked for land in the town. Rae Bareli is the parliamentary constituency of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
The chief minister late Sunday gave an official nod for an AIIMS in Rae Bareli town, officials said.
At a recent meeting with the chief minister here, union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad had requested Akhilesh Yadav to consider Rae Bareli town for the AIIMS campus.
The chief minister said the decision to allot land in the city was taken so that people don’t face difficulties in reaching the institution.
The chief minister said that he had written to the union health and family welfare minister May 17, 2012 requesting him to also establish AIIMS campuses in Poorvanchal, Bundelkhand and Ruhelkhand regions.
He added that his government would allocate land on priority for setting up of more such institutes.
- Akhilesh seeks three more AIIMS-like institutes in UP - May 18, 2012
- Work on Rae Bareli AIIMS to begin soon: Azad - Aug 09, 2012
- Land identified for AIIMS-like institute in Sonia's constituency - May 08, 2012
- AIIMS-Patna to start this year, says Ghulam Nabi Azad - May 24, 2012
- AIIMS-II launched in Haryana village - May 31, 2012
- UP announces new industrial policy - Sep 04, 2012
- Akhilesh meets PM, seeks funds for central aided projects - Apr 14, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi begins two-day Rae Bareli visit - Feb 04, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli for two days - Feb 02, 2011
- Akhilesh meets PM, seeks funds for central aided projects (Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- A word from Sonia means 24x7 power - Aug 29, 2012
- Power woes: Sonia's whisper stronger than SC order - Sep 02, 2012
- Samajwadi Party not to fight in Rae Bareli in 2014 - Sep 13, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli - May 10, 2011
- Amar Singh to go to Singapore for treatment - Nov 08, 2011
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, allotment, bundelkhand, central government, chief minister, congress chief, face difficulties, family welfare, ghulam nabi azad, health minister, india institute, lucknow, nod, parliamentary constituency, rae bareli district, sonia gandhi, tehsil, town officials, yadav