UNSC condemns former Afghan president’s killingSeptember 22nd, 2011 - 4:32 am ICT by IANS
United Nations, Sep 22 (IANS) The UN Security Council Wednesday strongly condemned the killing of Burhanuddin Rabbani, the former Afghan president and chairman of the Afghan High Peace Council, in a terrorist attack in the Afghan capital, Xinhua reported.
Rabbani was killed Tuesday evening in a suicide blast which occurred during a meeting with a group of Taliban at his house.
“The members of the Security Council condemn in the strongest terms the terrorist attacks that occurred in Kabul, Afghanistan yesterday causing deaths and injures,” said a Security Council press statement.
The murder “was directed directly against the hopes of the Afghan people for peace and reconciliation,” said the statement.
The Security Council also “reaffirmed that terrorism in all its forms and manifestations constitutes one of the most serious threats to international peace and security and that any acts of terrorism are criminal and unjustifiable wherever, whenever and by whomsoever committed.”
- UN Security Council condemns Iraq terror attacks - Sep 12, 2012
- UN condemns Belarusian subway station bombing - Apr 14, 2011
- UNSC condemns Delhi attack; vows to combat terror - Sep 08, 2011
- UN Security Council condemns bomb attacks in Nigeria - Nov 06, 2011
- UN condemns attack on Israeli embassy staffer - Feb 24, 2012
- UN Security Council strongly condemns wave of attacks in Iraq - Sep 13, 2012
- 69 die in Nigeria attacks, UN condemns it (Lead) - Nov 06, 2011
- PM condemns Afghan leader Rabbani's 'senseless' killing - Sep 21, 2011
- Khurshid represents India at prayers for Rabbani - Sep 24, 2011
- Pakistan offers Afghanistan intelligence in Rabbani's killing - Oct 11, 2011
- Khar to visit Afghanistan Wednesday - Jan 31, 2012
- Pakistan rejects claim of ISI hand in Rabanni killing - Oct 03, 2011
- India blames 'forces of terror' for Rabbani killing - Sep 20, 2011
- Extradite people involved in Rabbani's killing : Afghanistan to Pakistan - Oct 03, 2011
- Karzai to brief India on new Taliban strategy - Oct 03, 2011
Tags: acts of terrorism, afghan capital, burhanuddin rabbani, deaths, international peace, kabul afghanistan, manifestations, members of the security council, peace and reconciliation, peace council, suicide, taliban, terrorist attack, terrorist attacks, threats to international peace and security, tuesday evening, un security council, united nations, xinhua