Unnatural death of Israeli tourist in Goa: policeMarch 19th, 2008 - 1:42 pm ICT by admin
Panaji, March 19 (IANS) An Israeli woman, who was found dead in her room at a Goa resort two days ago, died in unnatural circumstances, the police said Wednesday. “We have ruled out the possibility of death due to drug overdose as no narcotic substance was recovered from the room,” Kishen Kumar, inspector general of Goa Police, told IANS.
The tourist, identified as Mirian Lahmi, 57, was found dead Monday on the bed of her room in Dream Catcher resort at Palolem in south Goa.
Kumar said Mirian’s body was found on the bed under the sheet and it looked like the woman was asleep.
Mirian had come to Goa in early February and had been staying at the resort since then. “However, since the last two weeks, she had not come out of her room, which was locked the entire time,” Kumar said.
Sensing something amiss, resort officials broke open the room and found her dead. The body has been sent for post mortem examination and the viscera for chemical analysis.
Goa’s image as a tourist haven has taken a severe hit ever since the rape and murder of British teenager Scarlette Keeling. Scarlette’s semi-naked body was found on the popular Anjuna Beach Feb 18.
The police claim to have “cracked” the case after arresting two bartenders who are accused of raping and killing Scarlette after giving her drugs.
A German tourist Sunday alleged that she was molested by an unidentified man at Goa’s Cavelossim beach.
- Scarlett Keeling murder retold on 'Anjuna Beach' - Jul 02, 2011
- Romanian woman alleges Goa Police apathy - Jul 09, 2012
- Three tourists injured in Goa hotel accident - Jul 06, 2012
- Scarlett Keeling's killers 'gave her drugs', claims her mother - Aug 03, 2010
- I don't know if there will be justice: Fiona Mackeown - Apr 19, 2010
- Scarlett case: Mother says trial could help other tourist victims seek justice - Jul 31, 2010
- Consular officials to meet cops over Australian woman's rape - Apr 20, 2010
- Nine-year-old Russian girl raped in Goa beach (Lead) - Jan 27, 2010
- 12 killed in Mexico drug violence - Oct 03, 2011
- Russian woman found dead in Goa - Mar 18, 2010
- Proceedings against suspended cop dropped - Mar 31, 2011
- Scarlett Keeling's mother fears being murdered by Goa "drugs nexus" - Aug 03, 2010
- 9-year-old Russian raped in Goa beach (Second Lead) - Jan 27, 2010
- A year on, justice continues to elude Scarlett Keeling - Feb 18, 2009
- Scarlett's diary crucial pages missing: Defence lawyer - Aug 27, 2010