United midfielder Hargreaves out for seasonNovember 12th, 2008 - 3:39 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 12 (DPA) Manchester United has confirmed that midfielder Owen Hargreaves will miss the rest of the season.Hargreaves had a surgery on his right knee following discussions with the noted surgeon Richard Steadman in Colorado, the club said in a statement Tuesday.
He will have further surgery on his left knee in a fortnight in an effort to end the tendinitis problem that has plagued him for almost two years.
Hargreaves had managed just three appearances this season.
- Injured Hargreaves in Germany to save Man U career - Aug 09, 2009
- Liverpool midfielder Lucas ruled out for season - Dec 02, 2011
- Injury to Brazil's Anderson, a huge blow for Man U's treble trophy hopes - Feb 22, 2011
- Hargreaves admits using painkilling injections to play - Mar 25, 2010
- Man U's Hargreaves to 'kick start' soon - Nov 25, 2009
- Santos set to drop Elano for Libertadores semi-final - Jun 19, 2012
- Real Madrid prepare to take on Ajax in Champions League - Sep 26, 2011
- Knee injury sidelines Phil Jones for up to eight weeks - Sep 09, 2012
- Hargreaves fights psychological battle - Dec 15, 2009
- Ferguson blames Wembley 'ploughed field' pitch for injuries to Owen, Rooney - Mar 06, 2010
- Former Liverpool defender Aurelio out with injury - Jul 01, 2012
- Ferguson agrees to allow striker Macheda to go out on loan - Dec 30, 2010
- Ferguson warns Man U players of summer axe - Apr 19, 2011
- Barcelona's Affelay gets injured during training - Sep 23, 2011
- Double injury blow plunges Liverpool further into gloom - Nov 13, 2009