Unique contest for India’s hairdressers, beauticiansNovember 25th, 2008 - 7:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 25 (IANS) India’s best hairdressers and beauticians will compete in a unique national contest, India Cup Open (ICO) 2008, near here next month.Organised by the National Hairdressers and Beauticians Association (NHBA) with the Wella Professionals, the event will take place at India Expo Centre at Greater Noida Dec 1.
“Through ICO, we have made a concerted effort to incorporate the fashion element along with the technical elements of hair and make-up art-forms. The competitors are going to be judged for harmony, balance, creativity, technique, fashion and style in their creations,” said Blossom Kochhar, founder and president, NHBA.
The contest will have over 150 competitors in nine categories from across the country.
It will be judged by renowned international and national artists along with leading names from the Indian fashion industry.
The winner of the cup will also represent India at the Organisation Modiale Coiffure (OMC) Europe Cup from May 31-June 1, 2009 at Athens, Greece.
- Mumbai to host two-day conference on beauty, wellness - Nov 22, 2011
- Beauty queens come together to celebrate womanhood - May 07, 2012
- Archana Kochhar gives retro twist to digital prints - Aug 07, 2012
- India-Pakistan semifinal: Fashion week's Wednesday shows cancelled - Mar 28, 2011
- National Handloom Expo 2010 in New Delhi - Dec 22, 2010
- 'In 'Bigg Toss', Rakhi, Veena will add a lot of drama' - Feb 18, 2011
- BeYu fashion awards honours eight designers - Apr 16, 2011
- Naomi to judge modelling show - May 03, 2012
- Indian migrant workers to get skills training - Jul 02, 2012
- Indian women should try messy, classic look: French hairstylist (With Images) - Apr 28, 2012
- I have to better my Beijing performance: Sushil Kumar - May 09, 2012
- Nehru Cup: India look to continue winning ways against Maldives - Aug 24, 2012
- Reddys empire: mines in Andhra, politics in Karnataka - Sep 05, 2011
- Supermodels of the World contest now comes to India - May 16, 2011
- Now Dutch designers join hands with Indian fashion industry (With Images) - Aug 10, 2012