Union budget a gross disappointment, says SPMarch 17th, 2012 - 1:25 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 16 (IANS) Amidst fresh attempts by the Congress to keep the Samajwadi Party (SP) in good humour, the latter launched a scathing attack on the UPA II by calling the Union Budget a “gross disappointment”.
It said the budget presented by Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee lacked policy of all round development, and was anti-people.
Billing the Congress and price rise as synonymous, the state party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhary said the budget would only trigger inflation and lead to price rise. “The budget is very uninspiring and it appears that Congress despite defeats in Goa, Punjab and UP has not taken its lessons,” the SP spokesman told IANS.
“The budget has no direction and no course correction with regards to the price rise that has spiked the happiness of the common man,” the party said.
Pointing out how the “people of the country were left to fend for themselves”, the party rued the fact that LPG, kerosene oil and petrol prices were on the anvil of being hiked again. The party also alleged that the budget reflected a pro-corporate mindset, and accused the UPA government of “completely ignoring the interests of Uttar Pradesh”.
- Diesel price hiked by Rs 5, opposition slams 'anti-people' move (Roundup) - Sep 14, 2012
- BJP, SP protest fuel price hike in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 25, 2011
- CITU accuses Mamata Banerjee of hypocrisy - Jun 26, 2010
- Allies, opposition target government over petrol price rise - Sep 16, 2011
- SP furious over Alvi remarks on Mulayam - Jun 21, 2012
- Akali Dal-BJP alliance calls for Punjab shutdown July 4 - Jun 30, 2011
- Left parties slam fuel price hike, threaten stir - Jun 24, 2011
- Trinamool to oppose UPA's anti-people policies in parliament - Feb 29, 2012
- BJP, Left to give notices for adjournment motion (Lead) - Jul 26, 2010
- Fuel price hike a cruel blow on the people: Left - Jun 25, 2010
- Will keep fighting against anti-people policies, Mamata thunders - Sep 21, 2012
- We don't support fuel price hike: Mamata (Lead) - Jun 24, 2011
- Trinamool pullout increases Congress dependence on SP, BSP - Sep 19, 2012
- Trinamool pullout increases Congress dependence on SP, BSP (Lead) - Sep 19, 2012
- NDA shutdown against petrol hike Thursday - May 30, 2012