Uninterrupted power, water during Ramadan: Delhi ministerAugust 28th, 2009 - 9:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 28 (IANS) Delhi Finance Minister A.K. Walia Friday asked the power distribution companies (discoms) and the civic agencies to ensure uninterrupted water and power supply during the fasting month of Ramadan.
He stressed the point in a meeting with senior officials of power discoms, NDPL and BSES, the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) and the Delhi Jal Board (DJB), an official release said.
Walia instructed the civic agencies to deploy additional staff for sanitation work and directed the senior officers to frequently visit Muslim-dominated localities to find out any deficiencies in the civic services.
“The agencies have been asked to concentrate on cleanliness and sanitation work and ensure immediate removal of garbage and debris collected near mosques in minority dominated localities,” said an official statement.
“The discoms have also been asked to immediately attend the local faults and avoid load shedding. Any disruption in power and water supply would be taken very seriously,” the statement added.
- Delhi to extend financial help to BSES - Dec 27, 2011
- Sheila to approach power ministry over grid overdraw - May 23, 2012
- Ensure adequate drinking water supplies: Dikshit to DJB - Jun 13, 2012
- Delhi gears up for Chhath Puja - Oct 31, 2011
- Delhi agrees to CAG audit of power companies - Sep 14, 2011
- 'CAG to audit accounts of Delhi discoms' - Mar 12, 2012
- New guidelines for Delhi legislator development funds - Jul 31, 2012
- Dikshit urged to get drinking water in primary schools - Nov 10, 2011
- Court questions Delhi power firms on audit of accounts (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Court asks government to end water woes in capital - Aug 11, 2010
- In dark Delhi, 70 percent street lights don't work - Dec 14, 2010
- Let civic agency manage Delhi's water supply: Mayor - Jul 06, 2012
- Private firms to provide 400 water tankers in Delhi - Jul 10, 2012
- Dikshit alerts civic agencies before monsoon - Jun 14, 2012
- Global image prompted stand on power tariff: Delhi government - Jun 10, 2010
Tags: civic agencies, civic services, cleanliness and sanitation, fasting month, finance minister, jal, month of ramadan, mosques, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, ndpl, power distribution companies, power water, ramadan, sanitation work, senior officials, uninterrupted power, uninterrupted water, walia, water and power