Uninor in talks with rival firms to absorb employeesAugust 8th, 2012 - 12:25 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 7 (IANS) Telecom operator Uninor, a joint venture of Norwegian firm Telenor and the Unitech Group, Tuesday said it is in talks with business competitors to rehabilitate its employees, who would be retrenched following its decision to scale down operations in four of its 13 circles.
“We have contacted the human resource departments of our competitors. They have expressed a lot of interest,” Uninor managing director Sigve Brekke said here.
The company, which has about 17,500 employees across the country, has already decided to scale down operations in Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka and Orissa and simultaneously strengthen in its the best performing circles like Uttar Pradesh-East, Uttar Pradesh-West, Bihar and Jharkhand, West Bengal and Andhra Pradesh to give a boost to its finances and operations in preparation for the coming auction of 2G spectrum.
The firm has a total of about 2,000 direct and indirect employees in the four circles.
“We want the reduction in business to be done in a very transparent way,” Breek added.
- Uninor to scale down operations in four active circles - Jul 24, 2012
- Telenor in talks with domestic firms to continue India service - Apr 20, 2012
- Telenor plans Rs.2,000 crore investment in India - Apr 21, 2012
- 2G auction should be among 2008 licencees: Uninor (Second Lead, superseding earlier story) - Feb 06, 2012
- 2G re-auction should be among 2008 licencees: Uninor (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Telenor confident of roping in new partner before auction - May 31, 2012
- Fix reserve price at Rs.1,658 crore in 2G auction: Uninor - Feb 10, 2012
- Telenor to form new company for India operations - Feb 21, 2012
- Uninor employees' bid to save company business in India - Apr 17, 2012
- Uninor to auction business and assets - Aug 01, 2012
- Telenor-Unitech case referred to international arbitration - Apr 12, 2012
- Norwegian minister meets Sibal, discusses Telenor issue - Feb 07, 2012
- Telenor's failure will hit India's image: Norwegian minister - May 12, 2012
- Norway intervenes to protect Telenor's $3 bn India investment (Roundup) - Feb 06, 2012
- Norwegian minister meets Sibal, discusses Telenor issue (Lead) - Feb 07, 2012
Tags: auction, bihar, business competitors, circles, human resource departments, indirect employees, jharkhand, joint venture, karnataka, managing director, norwegian firm, orissa, rival firms, spectrum, telecom operator, telenor, unitech group, uttar pradesh, west bengal