UNI general manager passes awayJune 27th, 2008 - 6:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 27 (IANS) Mahinder Kumar Laul, general manager of the United News of India (UNI), died here Friday after a brief illness. He was 52. He is survived by his wife, a daughter and a son.
Laul was admitted to the Kalra Nursing Home in Kirti Nagar in west Delhi on June 24 for treatment of fever and chest congestion, a family member said. He died around noon Friday.
Laul joined UNI as an editorial apprentice in 1981 and rose to become its general manager 2005. During these 25 years, he worked in various capacities in the editorial and reporting departments of the news agency.
Laul was appointed coordinator in 1999 and promoted as chief manager in 2003.
- Meerut realtor killed - Jun 17, 2011
- Private firm manager shot dead in Delhi - Jul 25, 2012
- First swine flu death in Himachal - Apr 07, 2012
- Players, officials pay tributes to Dilley - Oct 06, 2011
- Mock drills at 11 Delhi Metro stations Saturday - Jul 27, 2012
- Swine flu claims one life in Bhopal - Mar 29, 2012
- Bollywood's first superstar, Rajesh Khanna's filmography - Jul 18, 2012
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan is dead (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Swine flu reported in Himachal - Apr 05, 2012
- Man attempts suicide at Metro station (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Woman commits suicide at Delhi Metro station (Second Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Alka Yagnik, Kumar Sanu visit Mehdi Hassan's grave in Karachi - Jun 17, 2012
- Ex-army man guns down Delhi doctor, held (Second Lead) - Sep 19, 2012
- 'Death of babies in Pakistan hospital fire shocking' - Jun 09, 2012
- Ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan is dead (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2012