‘Undue benefits’ to companies cost Chhattisgarh Rs.1.85 bnFebruary 21st, 2009 - 4:29 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Feb 21 (IANS) The Chhattisgarh government suffered a revenue loss of over Rs.1.85 billion (Rs.185 crore)) during 2007-08 because of “undue benefits” provided to various companies, a report by India’s audit watchdog said.
The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India in its report on Chhattisgarh said: “The state government stood to lose revenue of Rs.185.71 crore due to undue benefits to the allottees such as allotment of land at reduced rates.”
The report has widely criticised Chhattisgarh State Industries Development Corp (CSIDC) for its its inadequate monitoring of the implementation of several state-sponsored projects.
“CSIDC took up establishment of four large industrial areas and five industrial parks between the period of 2003-08. None of the projects were completed as per schedule due to deficient planning,” the report said.
“The company (CSIDC) caused a revenue loss of Rs.22.09 crore (Rs.221 million) to the state due to supply of water at less rates, non-revision of usage charges and delay in execution of lease deeds,” it added.
The report said six mega industrial units got concessions worth Rs.26.3 million for investing more than Rs.1 billion and providing employment to more than 800 people, but they did not fulfil the conditions.
CSIDC did not recover bank guarantee equivalent to concession amount from the mega industrial units, it added.
- 'Chhattisgarh coal block rates led to Rs. 1,000 crore loss' - Apr 03, 2012
- Slap criminal cases after CAG expose: Ajit Jogi - Apr 05, 2012
- Chhattisgarh government hauled up over CAG expose - Apr 04, 2012
- Rs.1.85 lakh crore coal blocks loss is flawed, says minister - Aug 26, 2012
- CAG pulls up Coal India for avoidable expenditure - Sep 04, 2012
- Granules India's revenues rise 37 percent - Apr 24, 2012
- IOC reports quarterly net loss of Rs.7,485.55 crore - Nov 09, 2011
- Indian Oil Corporation's Q3 net profit up 52.2 percent - Feb 13, 2012
- Bharti Airtel quarterly net income decreases 31.46 percent - May 05, 2011
- Rs.70 bn compensation to states on account of reduced sales tax - Feb 10, 2011
- Jet Airway's posts Rs.123.2 crore net loss in Q1 - Jul 22, 2011
- CAG reports creating suspicion, distrust: Assocham - Aug 28, 2012
- Congress attacks Gadkari - Apr 10, 2012
- Undue benefit to Reliance Power on coal allocation - Aug 17, 2012
- Government refutes loss claims over Delhi airport (Roundup) - Aug 17, 2012