Undertrial jumps to death from courtAugust 31st, 2010 - 12:38 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 30 (IANS) An undertrial jumped to his death from the seventh floor of a court here Monday, police said.
Amrinder Singh, 35, managed to escape from police custody and jumped from the seventh floor of the civil court.
“Amrinder was brought in the court for hearing of a case. He was booked under the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act (NDPS) Act. Amrinder took the extreme step when he was leaving the court after the hearing,” Superintendent of Police (West) B.P. Ashok told reporters here.
“Amrinder received grievous injuries and died while being taken to a hospital,” he added.
Singh, a native of Haryana, was nabbed last January from the Charbagh railway station here with smack, a derivative of heroin.
- Four drug peddlers held with Rs.2 cr worth smack - Apr 22, 2010
- Corruption charge filed against embezzling official - Feb 25, 2011
- Nigerian, Mizo woman arrested with Rs.3 mn-worth drugs - Jan 28, 2011
- Inter-state drug gang busted, heroin worth Rs.2 crore seized - Nov 16, 2010
- Indian soldier held with drugs - May 17, 2011
- Cop held in Goa drug nexus case - Oct 07, 2011
- Man held with heroin worth Rs.1 crore in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 01, 2011
- Morphine seized in Guwahati - May 31, 2012
- CBI court convicts Chandigarh cop for taking bribe - Apr 06, 2010
- Two drug peddlers jailed for 10 years - Apr 24, 2012
- Drug peddler held in capital - Jan 13, 2011
- US national arrested with drugs in Goa - Aug 03, 2011
- Nigerian arrested with 2.5 kg heroin - Apr 29, 2010
- Nigerian punished for drug peddling - Jun 29, 2011
- Five held with heroin worth Rs.1 crore - Aug 24, 2010