Unclaimed bag sparks bomb scare at Mumbai airportSeptember 16th, 2011 - 11:22 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 16 (IANS) In the third incident of its kind in one week, an unattended baggage found at the Mumbai airport Friday created a security scare and sent officials on a wild-goose chase for a bomb.
The incident happened at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport around 7.12 p.m., an official said.
The bag was found at the car pick-up point outside domestic terminal 1B.
The Bomb Disposal Squad and other security agencies were summoned and the bag was thoroughly screened. After nearly an hour, it was declared as safe and the airport authorities took its custody.
“We have kept the unidentified bag in our custody. It will be returned to the claimant after he or she provides a proper identification,” an official told IANS.
There were two separate instances of unattended bags Sep 9 which were later checked and declared safe.
All vital installations in and around Mumbai have been thrown under a tight security blanket following the Sep 7 blast outside the Delhi High Court.
- Unattended bags create security scare at Mumbai airport - Sep 10, 2011
- Spicejet flight makes precautionary landing - Apr 13, 2012
- AI flight with technical snag lands safely - Mar 19, 2012
- Emirates flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai - Jul 27, 2011
- Jet flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai - Nov 04, 2010
- Spicejet flight makes emergency landing - Sep 03, 2011
- Mumbai airport's main runway not yet functional - Sep 04, 2011
- Mumbai-bound plane hit by bird, lands safely - Oct 21, 2010
- Nothing suspicious found on Delta flight in Mumbai (Lead) - Nov 05, 2010
- Plane removed, operations resume at Mumbai airport runway - Sep 05, 2011
- South African airport evacuated after bomb scare - Jun 24, 2012
- Mumbai airport main runway shut till 11 p.m. Saturday - Sep 03, 2011
- Bipasha pays for excess baggage at airport (Second Lead) - May 26, 2011
- FedEx plane makes emergency landing in Mumbai - Oct 22, 2010
- I paid Rs.12,000 for excess baggage: Bipasha - May 26, 2011
Tags: airport authorities, bomb disposal squad, bomb scare, chhatrapati shivaji international airport, claimant, delhi high court, instances, mumbai airport, security agencies, security blanket, security scare, tight security, unattended baggage, wild goose chase