UN mission finds 13 bodies in SyriaMay 30th, 2012 - 11:43 pm ICT by IANS
Damascus, May 30 (IANS) The UN supervision mission in Syria has discovered 13 bodies near Deir al-Zour province, with all of them with their hands tied behind their backs, the mission’s spokeswoman said in a statement Wednesday.
The bodies were discovered Tuesday night in Assukar area, 50 km east of Deir al-Zour, Xinhua quoted Sausan Ghosheh as saying, adding that some of them appeared to have been shot in the head from a short distance.
Ghosheh said the head of the UN observers, Major General Robert Mood, is “deeply disturbed by this appalling and inexcusable act”.
Mood called on all parties to exercise restraint and end the cycle of violence for the sake of Syria and the Syrian people, Ghosheh said.
- UN concerned over Syria violence escalation - Jun 13, 2012
- Gas pipeline blown up in Syria - Mar 24, 2012
- Oil pipeline blown up in Syria - Apr 22, 2012
- Syria releases 225 detainees - Sep 01, 2012
- UN observers shot at in Syria: Ban - Jun 07, 2012
- 15 killed in Syria car bombing - Sep 02, 2012
- Assad orders formation of new government - Jun 06, 2012
- Syria: UN says military operation in Tremseh targeted activists - Jul 16, 2012
- Syria awaits next step's details from UN: deputy FM - Aug 24, 2012
- Damascus bombings toll rises to 55 (Second Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Car bomb blast near UN hotel in Syria - Aug 15, 2012
- UN observers leave Syria - Aug 20, 2012
- US closes embassy in Syria - Feb 07, 2012
- UN observers start leaving Syria - Aug 19, 2012
- Russia slams West over Syria allegations - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,