Uma Bharti could return to BJP next weekApril 21st, 2011 - 4:11 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, April 21 (IANS) After six years of estrangement, former Madhya Pradesh chief minister Uma Bharti could return to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) within a week, party sources said.
The sources said this has been conveyed to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan by BJP national president Nitin Gadkari.
Uma Bharti, who was expelled from the BJP in 2005, had a long meeting with Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat in Mumbai Tuesday.
Chouhan had a one-on-one meeting with senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj Wednesday. Like Chouhan, Sushma too has not been favourable to Uma Bharti’s return to the party fold, the soures say.
Some state party leaders believe her entry will disturb the smooth functioning of the party in Madhya Pradesh even as national leaders want her before the Uttar Pradesh assembly elections in 2012.
- Madhya Pradesh BJP abuzz over Uma Bharti's return - Jun 07, 2011
- Chouhan completes five years in office, Modi missing at event - Nov 29, 2010
- Cannot be chief guest on Madhya Pradesh day: Uma Bharti - Oct 31, 2011
- BJP to field Uma Bharti in UP polls - Jan 19, 2012
- Uma Bharti homecoming may help BJP in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 07, 2011
- NDA will return to power in 2014: Nitin Gadkari (Interview) - Jul 04, 2010
- Chouhan, Uma Bharti meet in Delhi - Feb 01, 2011
- BJP: A divided house despite patch-up moves - May 26, 2012
- Uma Bharti re-inducted into BJP (Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- BJP seeks PM's intervention to save temple - Jul 07, 2012
- Sanjay Joshi quits BJP (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Gandhi family behind 'Hindu atankwad': Gadkari - Jan 09, 2011
- Chouhan is 'Kans mama,' says Digvijay Singh - Dec 31, 2010
- Uma Bharti resigns from her own party post (Second Lead) - Mar 25, 2010
- BJP's Uma calculations go wrong - Mar 06, 2012
Tags: assembly elections, bhagwat, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, chief minister, estrangement, mohan, mumbai, national leaders, national president, nitin, party leaders, party sources, rashtriya swayamsevak sangh, six years, soures, swaraj, uma bharti, uttar pradesh