ULFA linkman nabbed in MeghalayaNovember 18th, 2011 - 8:31 pm ICT by IANS
Shillong, Nov 18 (IANS) A Bangladeshi linkman of the outlawed United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) was arrested in Meghalaya’s West Garo Hills district when he sneaked into India from the neighbouring country, an official said Friday.
“Prominson Sangma was arrested late Thursday night from Purakhasia in West Garo Hills bordering Bangladesh,” Border Security Force (BSF) spokesman Ravi Gandhi said.
Meghalaya shares a 443-km border with Bangladesh, part of which is porous, hilly, unfenced and prone to frequent infiltration.
BSF troopers seized fake Indian currency notes worth Rs.6,000 and a mobile phone from Sangma’s possession. During questioning, Sangma revealed that he was staying in Nokchi area in Bangladesh’s Sherpur district.
- ULFA and KLO rebels arrested in Meghalaya - Jan 05, 2012
- ULFA cadre arrested in Meghalaya - Jul 10, 2012
- ULFA rebel arrested in Meghalaya - Jul 13, 2011
- Two ULFA rebels arrested - Oct 21, 2011
- Three rebels held in Meghalaya, infiltration bid foiled - Dec 30, 2010
- ULFA militant, aide held in Meghalaya - Jul 28, 2010
- Top PLA rebel arrested in Meghalaya - Sep 05, 2012
- Garo rebel outfit chief lodged in Bangladesh jail: BSF - Jun 23, 2012
- Garo militant nabbed in Meghalaya (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Determined to end Garo terror outfit: Chidambaram - Feb 19, 2012
- Two rebels arrested in Meghalaya - Jun 10, 2012
- Two held with drugs worth Rs.50 lakh on Bangladesh border - Jun 13, 2010
- Suspected Meghalaya rebels abduct official, traders - Nov 21, 2011
- Meghalaya rebel chief nabbed in Bangladesh : Police - Nov 25, 2011
- Meghalay rebel leader's arrest shrouded in mystery - Nov 26, 2011
Tags: bangladesh, border security force, bsf, currency notes, gandhi, garo hills district, indian currency, infiltration, linkman, mobile phone, neighbouring country, possession, ravi, shillong, spokesman, thursday night, ulfa, united liberation front, west garo hills, west garo hills district