ULFA firm on April 20 Assam shutdownApril 17th, 2012 - 7:26 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, April 17 (IANS) The anti-talk faction of the United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) Tuesday reiterated its call for a state-wide shutdown April 20 to protest against the visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to Assam.
In an emailed statement to media, the outfit’s publicity secretary Joy Asom appealed to the people of Assam to play a conscious role so that “unwanted” situations can be avoided during the shutdown.
The prime minister is scheduled to inaugurate the platinum jubilee celebrations of the Assam Legislative Assembly at Dispur during his visit.
The ULFA faction also refuted the claims of Sonitpur district police, who had arrested four people, including a woman, a few days back on charges of their being ULFA linkmen, saying that they were not associated with the outfit in any way.
- ULFA opposes PM visit, calls shutdown - Apr 10, 2012
- ULFA attempt to disrupt Manmohan's visit foiled - Apr 18, 2012
- PM to visit Assam amid shutdown - Apr 20, 2012
- Centre alerts Assam ahead of ULFA raising day (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- Assam should become a growth engine: PM - Apr 20, 2012
- ULFA faction opposes Sonia's Assam visit, calls for shutdown - May 22, 2012
- High security in Assam for PM's visit, IED recovered - Apr 19, 2012
- Alert across Assam ahead of PM's April 7 visit - Mar 28, 2012
- Five anti-talk ULFA cadres nabbed - Apr 21, 2012
- Ulfa's bomb-making unit busted; 2 held - May 21, 2012
- Barua group gives ULFA 3 months to 'return to active duty' - Apr 30, 2012
- Don't use Facebook to contact us: ULFA - Mar 19, 2012
- Three injured in Assam grenade blast - Sep 11, 2012
- Sonia to go ahead with Assam visit despite bomb blast - May 26, 2012
- Assam on alert after militant strikes (Lead) - Mar 15, 2011
Tags: assam, celebrations, dispur, district police, faction, few days, legislative assembly, manmohan, manmohan singh, platinum jubilee, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, publicity secretary, ulfa, united liberation front, united liberation front of asom