Ulaka is Orissa Congress legislative party leaderJanuary 24th, 2009 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Jan 24 (IANS) Former state minister Rama Chandra Ulaka was Saturday named the new Congress legislative party leader in Orissa, a senior leader said. “Ulaka will be our new Congress legislative party leader,” Jayadev Jena told IANS.
Ulaka replaces former chief minister J.B. Patnaik after the latter resigned Saturday.
Also, Jayadev Jena resigned Saturday from the post of president of Orissa Pradesh Congress Committee.
“The resignation papers were submitted to a three-member central team of Ajay Maken, V. Narayanswami, Janardan Dwivedi,” Jena said.
He said the high command will soon declare the name of Orissa Pradesh Congress Committee chief after consulting the team.
The move came in the wake of recent demand of several party leaders seeking change in the state leadership.
“The move has once again exposed the internal feud the Congress party here is having. The Congress will never gain from this in the Lok Sabha and assembly elections,” a leader of Bharatiya Janata Party said.
- Congress mourns Arjun Singh's death - Mar 04, 2011
- Congress defends Dikshit on CAG report (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Pranab in Odisha to seek support - Jul 11, 2012
- Pranab hopeful of Mamata's support (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Virbhadra, Anand Sharma in Congress' Himachal strategy panel - May 07, 2012
- Mayawati silent on Sangma's bid at presidency - May 19, 2012
- Congress women's wing gets new chief - Jun 07, 2011
- Chandrabhan named Congress chief in Rajasthan - Jun 08, 2011
- Sonia names new working committee, makes changes in key states (Second Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Congress gets new leader in UP house - Jun 06, 2012
- Digvijay Singh to oversee Congress affairs in Assam - Dec 03, 2010
- Ambika Soni, Tewari in Congress' Punjab coordination panel - May 11, 2011
- Congress axes Pramod Tiwari as CLP leader (Lead, changing dateline) - Jun 06, 2012
- Sonia goes abroad for check up - Sep 01, 2012
- Congress appoints office-bearers in Karnataka - Apr 14, 2011