Ukrainian helicopter crashes in Black Sea, 12 missingMarch 27th, 2008 - 10:51 pm ICT by admin
Kiev, March 27 (Xinhua) A Ukrainian Mi-8 helicopter crashed into the Black Sea Thursday, with 12 of the 13 people on board missing, a government spokesman said. One person was found alive, he added.
“The helicopter belongs to Ukraine’s border guards. It was carrying 13 people. One is found alive, while the others are still missing,” Ihor Krol, a Ukrainian emergency situations ministry spokesman, said.
He said the helicopter took off from an airport in the Black Sea port of Odessa for the nearby Zmeinyi Island at 11.06 a.m.
The cause of the crash was not yet known.
- Air Arabia to connect 13 Indian cities to Odessa - Sep 05, 2012
- Four siblings killed in Ukraine fire - Mar 23, 2012
- Ukraine to extradite Putin death plot suspect - Aug 24, 2012
- Kiev tightens security in Euro 2012 fan zone - Jun 14, 2012
- Ukraine enjoys Euro 2012 tourism windfall - Jun 19, 2012
- Putin plot suspects unlikely to be extradited from Ukraine (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Now Russian gas to Europe to pass through Turkey - Dec 29, 2011
- Chopper crashes in Russia, pilot killed - Jun 23, 2011
- Ukrainian boxer Vitali Klitschko to run for Kiev mayor - Feb 29, 2012
- Russia asks Ukraine to extradite Putin plot suspect - Mar 01, 2012
- Ukraine to unveil memorial to Steve Jobs - Jul 28, 2012
- Ukraine's coach Blokhin names Euro 2012 squad - May 30, 2012
- Plane crash kills five skydivers in Ukraine (Lead) - Jun 10, 2012
- UEFA pleased with Euro 2012 preparations, says Ukraine - Nov 22, 2011
- Ukraine to host Euro 2012 despite boycott threats: President - May 15, 2012